• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stack it by the side of the road with a "free firewood" sign on it? Some scally will take it away for you

Comment

Round of lavishly buttered wholemeal toast for elevenses. Very tasty

I'm definitely feeling better today than the last couple of days, if not 100% yet

Did I mention that the agent called yesterday? The consultancy is now resigned to the fact that there won't be a dispensation, so my potential start date has been pushed back to 8 November

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Round of lavishly buttered wholemeal toast for elevenses. Very tasty

I'm definitely feeling better today than the last couple of days, if not 100% yet

Did I mention that the agent called yesterday? The consultancy is now resigned to the fact that there won't be a dispensation, so my potential start date has been pushed back to 8 November
        for feeling better

and for more work but the chance for a bit of a break first

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

for feeling better

and for more work but the chance for a bit of a break first
          It'll be nice to have a bit of time off during which I'm not feeling terrible

Comment

So the stuff I've spent almost a year working on is finally ready which means I need to do a proper forward facing website

And I need additional servers for backup purposes.

Is 256gb of ram over kill for a database server that will have a maximum of 5million records...

It's just under £50 a month so I'm tempted.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              So the stuff I've spent almost a year working on is finally ready which means I need to do a proper forward facing website

Is 256gb of ram over kill for a database server that will have a maximum of 5million records...

Sounds perfectly reasonable

Comment

Scotch broth and multiseed bread for lunch

Comment

In the barber’s gentlemen’s hairdressers, queuing

Comment

So, walk moderately briskly walked with a hiatus in the middle so I could get a haircut; green ring closed

Apparently the hairdressers haven't recovered anything like pre-covid trade. About 60% down, which means that where there used to be two or three of them working most days, they're now down to one working on their own on weekdays, and closed on Tuesdays

I don't know why that is; it's not an area with much if anything in the way of offices. I always got the impression a lot of customers there lived on nearby estates. But I suppose if people aren't going to and from town as much, whether for work or otherwise, there's less likelihood of them stopping off there along the way; and a lot probably took to doing it at home during lockdown

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Its not the records its the users! (feel the width).

SQL will operate fine with one or two users, 5 million records and 64GB but the more memory the better normally.

Try this chap he is the experts DBA.
                      https://www.brentozar.com/training/s...re-sizing-51m/

lots of great suggestions and sarcasm.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X