• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's now a bright, clear, sunny afternoon

No guarantees it'll last, of course

The chicken & barley soup turned out very nicely, accompanied by some multiseed bread

I think that one comes out better in the slow cooker, though. Must remember that next time

Comment

Soup divvied up ready for a sojourn in the fridge before freezing: five portions

And the mundane laundry has been folded up and put away

And all of that has left me feeling knackered. I assume it's the vaccine

Comment

The lamb shanks with red wine and redcurrant sauce are in the InstantPot™

Comment

The thunderstorm never turned up but the forecast rain has just arrived.

Although as I typed that I think I heard a faint rumble...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The lamb shanks with red wine and redcurrant sauce are in the InstantPot™
            And very nice they were, or rather, very nice one of them with chips and peas was

Not sure I could have managed both - they're a good size

Comment

Telly was multiple episodes of The Repair Shop as that seemed best suited to feeling extremely enervated due to the vaccine

Speaking of which, the arm doesn't hurt as much and I think the enervation is reduced; certainly, I feel better than I did last night. Still pretty tired though.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

After much rain last night (and no thunderstorms) I see the sky is mostly clear with some fluff about. It's also much colder for the lack of cloud cover at 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) with a high of 12 later. Unlikely to rain and it's due to stay sunny all day. Barometer up to 1006 mBar.

Slept heavily and kept waking up too hot despite the window being open. Tired.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                The world's oldest natural pearl, thought to be 8000 years old, is discovered at Marawah Island, Abu Dhabi 2019

Comment

Morning denizens

Bright sunny start out, after a little more rain overnight. Only 6°C though, and despite remaining sunny it won't get higher than 11°; barometers up a bit at 998/1005mB

Still feeling some slight lingering effects of either the lurgy or the vaccine or both, but nothing too bad

I had a fairly decent night's sleep, though broken by a strange and quite disturbing dream around 5:30 which turned out to be my subconscious's way of telling me to wake up and go for a piss

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Colder at 17 deg in here and all the windows are steamed up.

CBS.

Up from 990 mBar, 29.23 in Hg, 742.5 Torr, last night to 1007 mBar, 29.74 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, this morning.

Thursday.

Walk walked (unabbreviated) in the pleasant rain free deluge free sunshine.

The leat being rather lower than yesterday.

Lunch: Heinz lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol: a remarkably dump Californian with a fine selection of high quality ganga, including ganga chocolate, leading to 3 days in the nick, a $1000 fine, then back on the plane to Septic Land.

A bucket of concrete from China, allegedly a "balance weight", with a kg of ephedrine concealed.

A Chinese barista from Hong Kong: probably drug mule: yup: dropped the drugs in HK airport: back on the plane, probably ends up in pieces in the harbour.

Love the VW Polo that turns right into the Mail Sorting Office on every episode.

Packet of Chinese "plums". Contac NT.

Bunch of Romanian "tourists": refused entry.

Journo from Mali: big bag of hibiscus tea & some wood (as in sticks) tooth brushes.

He paid $27 to heat treat the tea.

Who knew you can make tea from hibiscus?

An afternoon spent potching in the garage and out of the garage in the pleasant sunshine.

Tea: penultimate portion of the batch of chilli con carne with rice, some plums, Morrisons, reduced, which proved inedible until cooked, with custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Judy "Over the rainbow" Garland.

Stone me, considering the quantity of drugs the studios made her take it's a miracle she lasted as long as she did: amphetamine for slimming, with barbiturates so she could sleep.

You couldn't make this tulipe up.

Thing about Billy the Kid on PBS, mostly because the scenery is pretty. and I can't find anything else.

Freecell score: 85% (of 13).

Some UFO nonsense on Blaze.

These guys make the Oak Island nutjobs look like geniuses.

Particularly the Ancient Aliens offering which has some cretinous twat narrating in a most irritating way.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 October 2021, 21:37.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

After the overnight storms, the skies are clear and blue. Tree down at the far end of our lane is going to stop a few numpties going through. It's also at a point where they can't turn round but will have to reverse about 1/2 a mile on a narrow, high-banked lane.

I could go out with a chainsaw and clear it, but it would mean a 15 minute walk with the saw, fuel, and safety gear, and then when I'd chopped it up, I'd need somewhere to put it.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X