• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been gammon, fried eggs, chips and beans

And lunch earlier was Scotch broth with multiseed bread

Comment

Moved onto more implausible televisual nonsense in the form of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD S6. Another programme that should have ended long before it actually did.

Comment

Bed about to be made as I'd like to sleep in it.

Comment

Telly tonight started with the latest episode of Ambulance

And then it was Mosquito action in 633 Squadron (1964). Good stuff, though it's showing its age a bit now

Also, it seems a bit unlikely that the powers that be would allow a foreign civilian to come on to an operational airfield in wartime, particularly to wave off somebody who was boarding an aircraft on their way to be dropped behind enemy lines on a top secret mission; not to mention various other flagrant breaches of security

It's on iPlayer for this week only, so watch it while you can

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Overcast with a light mizzle out there
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              And then it was Mosquito action in 633 Squadron (1964). Good stuff, though it's showing its age a bit now

It's on iPlayer for this week only, so watch it while you can
              One has the dvd. Somewhere.

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Windier (so maybe those useless fans will be turning a bit more than they have for the past week or so).

Chilly in here at 17 deg odd.

1010 mBar, 29.83 in Hg, 757.5 Torr, 73% RH.

Monday.

The telex machine is glowing gently.

Considering the overwhelming greyness, pretty glad I persevered last night & rounded off that side of the garage.

Walk walked, for the first time since Thursday IIRC.

Said overwhelming greyness is now enhanced by some rain.

It raineth upon the just & the unjust whilst the sun is shining on the righteous somewhere fecking else.:

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly sandwich on same, a corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment in the ongoing deluge (slight hyperbole there): NZ Customs thing, very probably replete with indiscribable Chinese "food" in remarkable quantities.

Disappointingly enough, merely a Chinese lady with three avocados that cost her $400.

Though the packet of DMT from the UK in a dvd case wasn't a particularly impressive concealment as these things go.

Liked the specimen horse's hooves for a farrier.

Ran the vac over the house in a fit of enthusiasm for not labouring down in the garage for a whole day.

Read some Monday links. Where's me axe?

Tea: more of the roast lamb, the rest of the peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering James "White Heat" Cagney.

Joy of Painting. with the predictable result.

What the feck's up with the NHS: nothing new to see here, full of suggestions that'll never be implemented.

No fault & listening to whistle blowers, no future in that.

The tedium of The Oak Island Nutjobbery is getting too much ever for me: Gary busy finding iron crap here there & everywhere just ain't cutting the mustard: S8 E6 "Seaing is Believing".

Well feck me, that was tedious & no mistake. :

NCIS S17 E12 "Lonely Hearts". That was considerably more amusing than the nutjobbery that preceded it.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 October 2021, 22:22.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast but dry. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 17 later. Rain forecast from lunchtime onwards. Barometer steady at 1018 mBar.

Slept well, could have done with a bit longer but I have coffee.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                Jessica Meir and Christina Koch conduct the first all-female spacewalk outside the International Space Station 2019

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, and generally feels a bit damp

Currently 13°C with 16° expected later; but so is rain. Barometers very slightly down at 1006/1014mB

I had a quite refreshing night's sleep

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch: Heinz tomato soup with sesame bloomer toast

And I've also managed to squeeze in a tea towel wash, so they are now drying on the clotheshorse

Comment

Working...
                      X