• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finished up the last of Elementary.

Definitely should have stopped at the end of S6.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I finished up the last of Elementary.

Definitely should have stopped at the end of S6.
      Hear hear.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Apart from the usual whilst dining, the only thing I bothered watching was Lockdown 1.0 - Following the Science? which it turns out is a repeat from late last year, though I don't think I saw it then; if I did, I don't remember it as being particularly distinct from other programmes of its ilk.

Mind you, there was that "scientist" who went on TV in March 2020 saying lockdown would be a bad idea, and now says she thought it was a good idea all along from a scientific point of view. Appalling that she still calls herself a scientist yet also excuses herself by saying that at the time, she felt that the science - i.e. taking the necessary action to potentially save many thousands of lives - wasn't as important as whatever seemed to be politically expedient for her masters. I remember seeing her before and being enraged by her attitude, but she seems to have no shame so she may well have come up with the same bulltulip on some other programme

The main impression I got was that those closest to the government on SAGE subcommittees and such were far too complacent and didn't bother looking very far outside their own ranks, and are now keen to maintain the fiction that necessary information and expertise wasn't available to them at the time. But people with directly relevant expertise are also on there saying "Well I assumed they'd call me because that's exactly my field of research, but they just never did".

The lurgy continues to lurg, though my temperature has been gradually coming down since this afternoon and is getting near normal levels now. But I think an early night would be advisable

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless (though there's a pinky tinge to the clouds).

Colder at 16.3 deg in here.

1025 mBar, 30.27 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 72% RH.

Wednesday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the autumnal chill, gloves worn until I'd heated up a bit.

Lots of sirens about this morning.

The morning's potching seemed reasonably successful, well it hasn't fallen off yet.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol, that hunter chap turned up again, this time with a shirt that had been chewed by a grizzly bear.

The bear did not survive.

The afternoon's potching involved the rainwater goods for the tin shed which seemed a Good Idea at some time but experience showed it to be rather less so in practice.

Tea: the last of the roast chicken & sausage with carrots & onions, nice enough, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Greta Thunberg Garbo, whose films have not featured highly on my list of must see.

Joy of Painting: a disappointment since instead of Bob Ross we had his son Steven.

Enslaved with Samuel L. "Mother****er" Jackson.

Sadly he failed to say this.

Dr Mercy: Yet Another Skin programme, this one is located in Chicago: first up a chap from California (isn't Dr Pimplepopper closer?), then a bearded lady who has polycystic ovary syndrome.

It must be said that her beard is considerably more impressive than mine.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 October 2021, 21:24.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

There's a fair bit of cloud about but I can see blue patches if I squint a bit. It will remain mostly cloudy but dry. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 16 later. Barometer up to 1028 mBar.

As I'd finished one old TV series, I took a look at the stash of things I'd downloaded over the years to see what would be next. I'd only seen S1 of The Magicians so I thought I'd give that a try. What a load of tosh. No wonder I didn't really stick with it.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            Simone Biles wins gold for both the beam and floor accumulating a record-breaking 25 medals for gymnastics in Stuttgart, Germany 2019

Comment

Morning all
              Beautiful sunrise earlier, mist lingering in the valleys below us as we (The Dogtw and I) walked.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey day out there today; currently 11°C with 16° predicted for the afternoon, no rain expected, barometers up slightly at 1019/1027mB

My temperature seems to be getting back to normal, but I'm still feeling rather out of sorts so I'm going to take it easy

Comment

To add to the fun, Easily UK seem to have vanished off the face of the earth. My primary email has stopped working, website is down, can't FTP in, their website is gone so I can't even reconfigure DNS or transfer domains, and their 0800 and 020 support numbers aren't working. Just the thing I need…

Comment

Nearly choked to death on a bit of hobnob. I forget how lethal those biscuits are.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Nearly choked to death on a bit of hobnob. I forget how lethal those biscuits are.
                      Chew before you swallow.

(Note that this advice is specific to eating biscuits, and should not be blanket applied to all situations)
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X