• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisk walk to the high street done that coincided with a visit to the optician.

I apparently have excellent distance vision and my near vision is slowly degrading as expected but as I'm not having any issues day to day, there's no need for me to have glasses.

Comment

Walk by the sea with loony lady 1 today. Nice warm sun. Cafe was a bit crap tho.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: chicken madras, rice and naan

Comment

Working my way through left overs for dinner.

Ents was the last of the H2O mini series (it was the most preachy, as expected). Followed by Neutrino: Hunting the Ghost Particle about, oddly enough, the discovery of the various flavours of neutrino and how it broke physics. The evening has closed with another episode of Elementary wherein more nonsense happened.

Comment

And now the bin has been trundled.

Comment

The only telly tonight was a bit more Traffic Cops during dinner

Other than that, I've mainly been reading Help the Witch, a collection of short ghost stories by Tom Cox

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast. Dry and unlikely to rain. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 15 later. Barometer down to 1026 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                Elud Kipchoge becomes the first athlete using assisted pacemakers to run a marathon in under two hours, Vienna 2019

There you go Nick, something to work up to from your daily walks

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out; the app claims it's "partly cloudy", but it looks "wholly cloudy" to me

Currently 11°C and not expected to climb beyond 14°, with a 40-50% chance of rain at odd times through the afternoon and evening; barometers down a chunk at 1017/1025mB

Still no news about my M&S order since the email telling me it would arrive on Sunday. I may start to get peeved at this rate

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    Elud Kipchoge becomes the first athlete using assisted pacemakers to run a marathon in under two hours, Vienna 2019

There you go Nick, something to work up to from your daily walks

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Overcast.

Colder at 16.5 deg in here.

1025 mBar, 30.27 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 73% RH.

Tuesday.

TV Times purchased, along with an EE voucher. (Other vouchers and equally dismal comms companies are available).

Walk (unabbreviated) walked. Cold enough at the start that I put a pair of gloves on since I couldn't feel my hands & the pockets on the jacket aren't of the cosy type.

Then spent a good half hour attempting to feed the voucher number into on of the phones which swore blind that 150 didn't exist and that I must be mad.

After some persistence & switching it off & back on again, & reentering the number for the 6th time, it finally agreed that 150 was valid and that the voucher number was valid, which was good.

Got the other one that's hibernating to sort out next.

I may have to talk to Customer Don't Care for that.

Lunch: Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilly with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Forgot the yog.

Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol: Chinese chap trying to smuggle in cigarettes: $1200 duty & GST charged: ciggies duly confiscated. The exploding mango "jam" was fun too.

Oh good, a bunch of Romanians. ?Card skimmers?

Whatever, they didn't get in.

More potching in the garage and some massacring of the garden.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Charlie Chaplin.

The highest paid man in the world at one time.

Joy of Painting. Full on doze with this one.

Thing about the wonders of the Bell X1, Chuck Yaeger, and Mach 1 on Smithsonian.

Unusually they managed to mention the Miles M-52.

Dementia E2. (Dunno why I'm watching this, too fecking close to home by half).

The Rookie (as a bit of a relief from the above): barely adequate.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 October 2021, 20:21.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X