• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty hectic morning as the gaffer had to give a demo of stuff, including the QuickSight things, to the DHSC at 1300 hours. All sorted out just in time, after which lunch was Scotch broth with multiseed bread

It's brightened up a lot out there, though there's still a fairly stiff breeze blowing

I poked my head out of the alley at the other end of the terrace, and it looks like the petrol station is free of queues at the moment; though it could be that the queue last night took everything, I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Just had an email from the solicitors to say they overcharged us on our house purchase. Something to do with a land registry discount. It's nice when they send you money!
      double check there are some nice house sales scams.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

My new toolbox and other items have all arrived. It's a big sturdy number that has 'new toolbox smell'

I'm all ready for my grand attempts at doing DIY...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          My new toolbox and other items have all arrived. It's a big sturdy number that has 'new toolbox smell'

I'm all ready for my grand attempts at doing DIY...
          oh so many cheap jokes I could make !

Try to miss you thumb with the hammer!

Music to work to

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Not too warm out - officially 15°C, but there's a rather fresh breeze

Comment

Cheerful viewing this evening courtesy of Storyville - Poisoning America: The Devil we Know

All about Dupont's Teflon product which had a component, PFOA, that was so dangerous that birds flying through the exhaust coming out of their factory chimneys fell out of the sky, dead. Children born with genetic defects because their mother's worked in the factories, cattle dying on farms contaminated with water run off from the factories. All the usual signs of danger that they ignored for many years until someone had the audacity to sue.

They struggled to find clean blood samples because their products had gone global and 'C8' was present at some level or other due to people cooking with Teflon coated frying pans, environmental run off, food contamination, etc etc.

Comment

Tea: battered chunky haddock with chips and beans

Accompanied by a new episode of Ambulance - S7E6, iPlayer helpfully informs me. They must have had a week or two off or something, as I'm sure there wasn't one last week; can't remember if there was one the week before

Comment

Dinner was Thai takeaway with extra ordered to keep me fed tomorrow too.

Bins trundled.

Discovered there's a new series of The Repair Shop srarting on Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Cheerful viewing this evening courtesy of Storyville - Poisoning America: The Devil we Know

All about Dupont's Teflon product which had a component, PFOA, that was so dangerous that birds flying through the exhaust coming out of their factory chimneys fell out of the sky, dead. Children born with genetic defects because their mother's worked in the factories, cattle dying on farms contaminated with water run off from the factories. All the usual signs of danger that they ignored for many years until someone had the audacity to sue.

They struggled to find clean blood samples because their products had gone global and 'C8' was present at some level or other due to people cooking with Teflon coated frying pans, environmental run off, food contamination, etc etc.
                    After Ambulance I started watching this. Exactly the levels of concern for the wellbeing of the wider public that you'd expect from corporate USA

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

It seems ominously as if it'll be a sunny start once the sun gets over the properties facing, but in theory it should cloud over at about the same time and then rain this afternoon. We shall see…

Currently 11°C with a high of 16° forecast, so proper autumn seems to be setting in now. Barometers up sharply though at 1008/1016mB, so maybe we're in for an Indian summer; though the forecast predicts otherwise

Comment

Working...
                      X