• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sun has come out and it's turning into a nice, bright day. Checked the forecast again and the thunderstorms have gone away. Rain now expected overnight.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Fairly sunny out though with a fair amount of cloud too. Currently 19°C and heading for 21°, barometers down a little more at 1002/1010mB

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Oi Fizzy Knickers! Why does one need to refresh again and again to see this thread?
        The Thanks/Likes plugin struggles with a thread that has so many thanks and likes. I'm hoping to get it under control once I have some time

Comment

Ran the remainder of Friday's joint of beef through the electric slicer, set to ultra-thin. So lunch has been a wholemeal bap stuffed with the results, and very nice too

There's shedloads of it still left though; about a pound and a half. Should last for a while

Comment

The Thanks/Likes plugin struggles with a thread that has so many thanks and likes.
            That's the solution then, ban all the most popular CUKers and only allow comments by drivelling sockies and others that nobody likes.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Traffic appears to be backing up a lot outside, particularly in the inside lane. I suspect this is related to the presence of a petrol station just up the road

Comment

Tea has been pork chops out of the Remoska, with chips, peas and gravy. Delicious

That was the last two of the chops I bought on the market a few weeks before lockdown started, so they've been in the freezer for about a year-and-a-half. Tasted OK though

The queuing traffic outside persists

Comment

Telly, apart from Monkey Life, has been some motorway cops thing on My5

Final Monday of this gig tomorrow!

Better get some sleep I suppose, so I'm rested and ready for the final frantic four-day rush to get it all finished

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Rainy grey day to start the week, and is forecast to continue wet until at least lunchtime; a bit breezy as well

Barometers decidedly down at 990/998mB

Comment

Morning all

We had rain overnight! The first in weeks.

Managed to trash the blade boss and woodruff key on the main mower yesterday, replacements due in the next couple of days. Had a bonfire last night to get rid of some of the garden waste/cuttings that the tree surgeons didn't take, which burned well.

And now it's blue skies again.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X