• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

It's 0655 on our last day here in Grenada. The sun is shining, it's 29 degrees ('feels like' 34) and 84% humidity. Rain is forecast this afternoon but only a brief shower or two.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    The first 'Greenpeace' ship sets sail to protest against nuclear testing on Amchitka Island 1971

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      It's The Dog's (tw) 12th birthday today. I cooked her some rump steak for breakfast
      Happy birthday to The Dog (tw)!

Comment

Just realised that for the first time ever, I'm working with a government department during a reshuffle. Don't suppose it'll make any difference to the remaining two weeks of the contract though. They tell us there's "ministerial interest" in the project, but I haven't had Liz emailing me about it or anything

Comment

Lunch has been a bowl of yesterday's herby tomato, chicken and lentil soup, with multiseed bread. Very tasty

Feeling a bit under the weather today with a bit of a headache, something I seldom get

No temperature though, so it's probably nothing serious. I daresay the healthgiving properties of the soup will help

Earlier on, I was getting confused about the fact that this contract started in mid-March, thinking "Surely it started after lockdown". Eventually I realised that lockdown did also start in March - but it was March a year earlier

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            ...I haven't had Liz emailing me about it or anything
            Windsor or Truss?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Windsor or Truss?
              Truss, though maybe only for the next few minutes

Comment

Truss, though maybe only for the next few minutes
                You two been caught on CCTV then?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

And she's off: Foreign Secretary

Comment

Happy birthday to The Dog (tw)!
                    Here she is, curled up beside Mr Marula & Pamela...

Millie
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green and blue rings closed

It's turned sunny out there now; didn't even need a coat

And I finally realised (after having done a lateral flow test just in case, which came out negative) that the increasingly lurgy-like symptoms this afternoon are probably hay fever; apparently ragweed pollen can be a thing at this time of year

Taken one of the date-expired hay fever pills I got from the chemist a few years ago, just in case it helps

Comment

Working...
                      X