• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ You need a little bell: "Unclean! Unclean!"
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dinner was pasta with pesto.

Ents has been Paloma Faith: As I Am on iPlayer and a couple of episodes of The Curse of Oak Island

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        ^^^ You need a little bell: "Unclean! Unclean!"
        Indeed

Going for a test tomorrow. Not how I'd been planning to spend the Bank Holiday, but it gets me out of the house

Comment

Tea was southern not-fried chicken and fries with ketchup

Accompanied by the third and final part of the thing about bent cops in the 1970s. It was a very good series

Comment

Monday tomorrow, but the good - albeit non-billable - kind

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Overcast but dry out. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 20 later and a reasonable chance of the sun coming out. Barometer still steady at 1025 mBar.

Today is billable! Hopefully I'll get some of that work done that I've been dodging.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              Gottlieb Daimler receives patent for what is thought to be the first motorcycle in Germany 1885

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Bit warmer at 20.4 deg in here.

1023 mBar, 30.2 in Hg, 71% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming particularly brightly this morning due to:

Freecell score: 50%.

Freecell score: 85%, 86%, 100%, running average 84% (84.122%).

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast (thick crust), bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Border Security: Canada: oh look if you've got a DUI you need special permission to enter Canada, also if flying in from Hong Kong & they pull you over for having a suitcase stuffed with banned pork and beef products (though no frog fat), then also having a packet of speed secreted in the lining isn't a good idea at all.

Walk walked: rather quiet up there today.

Some washing done to reduce the pong a bit.

Entertainment: dead heading the roses.

Pruned next door's self planted tree thing.

It's thought to be a willow.

It's a smaller willow now.

Tea: the remains of the roast chicken & sausage with carrots & onions, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NASA's secret files on Dmax: more conspiracy lunacy, it fills an otherwise tedious hour or so.

The Joy of Painting with the late Bob Ross: very relaxing.

NCIS S17 E8 "Musical chairs"

Elementary S7 E1 "the further adventures": they're now relocated to "London" as imagined by a bunch of septic writers.

Well that was pretty mediocre.

Forgot all about "Ghosts" on BBC1.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 August 2021, 12:45.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day again, currently 15°C heading for 19°, barometers slightly up at 1020/1028mB

I awoke at about seven and ignored it; repeated the process at eight and nine; and finally allowed myself to awake properly just after ten. Feel much better for the extra rest

Going for the PCR test this afternoon, in the car park of a leisure centre on a dodgy council estate, about 1.3 miles away. So that'll take care of the day's walking

The app keeps giving repeated alerts; not sure if this is normal or due to some vagary of the algorithm

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Today is billable!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Hunting around in the Covid app, I eventually found the data about the alert; it's hidden away under Settings > Other data. Apparently my "Encounter date" was yesterday, which suggests either somebody at the Chinese, or somebody on the street as I went there and back.

But it seems a bit unlikely that I "encountered" somebody around 9pm last night and they not only got tested but also got their results between then and this morning, when the first alert arrived. Also, I got a second alert not long after I got up, which suggests two "encounters".

I'm thinking it could be the couple upstairs; if they got tested together and were both positive, it would explain the two alerts, as I daresay Bluetooth would get through the ceiling/floor and I also ran into them in the hall a few days ago

So much for anonymising the data
                    I wonder - You may have encountered (one assumes not in a whorty way) somebody who had taken a routine test that was sent away and came back positive yesterday?

As you say it may be the couple upstairs and your Bluetooth has been intimate with them.

Hopefully having been double injected it will be mild if you have it. Good luck.

On the go and get a test I don't understand why they don't just send you a test same day via Amazon or similar.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

On the go and get a test I don't understand why they don't just send you a test same day via Amazon or similar.
                      You can order a free PCR test here:
                      https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

You're only supposed to order it if you have symptoms. Otherwise you can order a box of lateral flow tests for free here:
                      https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus...ral-flow-tests

Comment

Working...
                      X