• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    TFIF, etc
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's been a productive morning. I reviewed a requirements document (I have parked my issues with the template for now) with my BA coworker and then my PM called for a rant about the comms person (the same one I was ranting about a couple of months back).

Now I think it's time for either toast or cereal and to contemplate what next to do.

Comment

Sainsbury's have picked my order. Substitutions on the toothpaste, but I mean, it's toothpaste; they're all the same really. In fact, the one I usually get wasn't on the website so I chose an alternative form pretty much at random anyway

And no sesame bloomer. But I've got about half of a small one left, and wasn't sure how I was going to fit another one in the freezer, so that's probably a good thing. Given that they come from the in-store bakery rather than being delivered from elsewhere, though, one does wonder what they're running short of. The bread mix they use to avoid having to train people to make proper bread from scratch, or sesame seeds?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Now I think it's time for either toast or cereal and to contemplate what next to do.
          I had cereal (Crunchy Nut Cornflakes to be precise) if anyone cares to know.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I had cereal (Crunchy Nut Cornflakes to be precise) if anyone cares to know.
            I had a nectarine with my coffee first thing, then a slice of wholemeal toast after standup. And I just succumbed to the lure of a packet of cheese and onion crisps, justifying it on the grounds that there are more turning up in this evening's delivery so I need to make room in the cupboard

Comment

Took a break from dithering and not getting any work done to strip the bed so I can have nice clean sheets tonight, assuming I remember to make it after it's aired

Lunch was Serrano ham toasties

Comment

I've cut the grass. Mower down to level 3 now, and I think one of the front tyres is a bit soft.
                I've rejected 3 offers of work today as well.
                If the one I'm most interested in doesn't work out, then there's still another 2 other possibilities out there, or I stick with where I am.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'm sticking out my current gig to the end of the year after which time I'll definitely be in need of something new. I'll have been with this client for about 21 months by then and that's more than long enough.

Comment

Enough of this desultory tinkering. Timesheet submitted, and… WEEKEND!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Enough of this desultory tinkering. Timesheet submitted, and… WEEKEND!
                      What is thus weekend thing you talk about - I'm on holiday and come Tuesday will start doing some actual work for probably the first time in 2 years as plan b is launched.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X