• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suddenly started tipping down here

Comment

Tea has been a Nigel Slater recipe for beef short ribs in a red wine and pomegranate sort of sticky glaze affair, though I didn't bother with that mashed vegetable stuff, preferring chips. Very nice indeed

Comment

Disaster narrowly averted as I remember to make the bed, which had been stripped and left to air this afternoon

Comment

Telly has been more of that mildly interesting Paddington station programme on My5

Yet another Monday tomorrow. They do come round fast

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Awake at sparrow fart again.

Dry.

Sunless.

Grey.

19.6 deg in here.

1014 mBar, 29.94 in Hg, 72% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming very brightly this morning.

Walk walked.

Quite chilly out there, needed a jacket, warmed up a bit when the sun came out for a short while.

Small mouse observed on the road, possibly consuming the remains of hazel nuts discarded by squirrels.

The sheer excitement of the morning may lead to a brief vaccing frenzy.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on thick crust of Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly on slice of same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Vaccing in progress, the "living room" and what passes for the kitchen done, while a fit of insanity has led to the Moving Of Stuff in the front room office, which led, in turn, to the extraction of ancient job search paperwork from 30 years ago through to about 2000 or so.

Five binbags full to be precise, plus some that's going for recycling.

I'm a bad bad man as far as jobs are concerned.

If it doesn't suit, I'm off again.

One place in 1990 had my disinterested presence for a whole morning.

Stone me, there were a lot of applications & a lot of driving involved in some of those.

Entertainment: Car SOS: 1964 Porsche 365 basket case: they should have crushed it, it would have been a kindness.

Trucking Hell S4 E1. Not sure I'll bother with this, it's too recent.

Plus Rory's never in it.

I wonder if I might make so bold as to get rid of all the company paperwork since it's been defunct since 2004.

Tea: the last of the roast chicken & sausage with carrots & onions, stewed apple & custard (much thinner than yesterday's lumpy thick version), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Sissy Spacek: looks like I've watched exactly one they've mentioned: "Prime Cut (1972)" with that Lee Marvin.

Oh, and "JFK" and "The Straight Story".

"Ghosts" on BBC1. Well I suppose I should get some value from my tv licence.

Elementary S6 E17 "The worms crawl in the worms crawl out": this seems oddly familiar, I assume that the semidefunct sky box managed to work for long enough for me to watch some of it.

NCIS S17 E6 "Institutionalized": fairly tedious.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 August 2021, 22:10.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite a decent night's sleep, it seems

Grey start out, currently 14°C and not expected to get any higher than 17°, drizzle expected shortly and perhaps off and on throughout the morning. Barometers up a little at 1007/1014mB

Comment

Morning all

Dull, overcast but dry this morning. Currently 14 degrees and the high is only going to get to 18. Will remain mostly cloudy all day with a low chance of rain. Barometer steady at 1015 mBar. Looking further ahead, this week was forecast to be quite pleasant, when I checked at the weekend, but now it's turned all dull and dreary.

Rubbish night's sleep. Much coffee needed.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                Gold is discovered for the first time in the 'Klondike' at Bonanza Creek in Alaska 1896

Comment

Morning all

Rug update: The rug due initially last Wednesday is in Exeter, and has been since Friday. The one due today arrived in Exeter last Thursday. The one due this Wednesday has arrived in Exeter this morning, the final part of its journey being Stansted - Newcastle - Exeter.
                  Will they all arrive today? Who knows! (certainly not FedEx)

Weekend update: Got to play with my new toy. Took down a hazel and an ash, and heavily pruned the old plum tree (yes, prune plums in the summer). We now have enough logs to see us through a few months, once they are seasoned. My little chainsaw needs sharpening, but the new one could probably do another couple of trees.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just having a look at Kabul on FlightRadar. A USAF Hercules had just taken off, another was on the ground, and a Turkish Airlines 777 was taxiing. Then everything suddenly vanished

Probably just a power cut or Internet connectivity failure affecting whoever's supplying data from there, but still rather perturbing

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Just having a look at Kabul on FlightRadar. A USAF Hercules had just taken off, another was on the ground, and a Turkish Airlines 777 was taxiing. Then everything suddenly vanished

Probably just a power cut or Internet connectivity failure affecting whoever's supplying data from there, but still rather perturbing
                      It's back

Turkish plane still taxiing, due to depart at 8:15 our time.

Comment

Working...
                      X