• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh, I brought some spare ones. Maybe I'll put a note inside asking them to send the cards back so I can use 'em again next year. Cheaper.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Fairly overcast out and it seems to be getting gloomier; word on the street is that it'll start raining in a bit. Currently 21°C but it's going to drop to 17° by teatime. Barometers remain pretty low at 986/993mB

Comment

In the other Chinese

Comment

We were beginning to worry.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Uneventful day. Tat watched on the tellybox, none of it made enough of an impression to be worth reporting.

Now catching up on GB's cycling and diving doings at the Olympics from the past couple of days.

There's been showers and occasional sunshine all day with the rain being quite enthusiastic at times.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the other Chinese
              Very nice too

Eaten while watching the body cam programme that includes the local plod, who were again sat waiting for things to kick off just up the road where the FMB Bar was

Nice to see somewhere local on these things, and a handy guide to which fried chicken shops people were fighting in about ten years ago when the programme was made

Comment

In other news, my mum is back in hospital. Apparently she'd been getting occasional chest pains since Tuesday (without telling anyone), so Saturday is when she finally decided to do something about it

They're not sure exactly what's wrong so they're keeping her in for now

Comment

Back to having a major motion picture premiere rather than a rewatch tonight with Justice League (2017) which, if I understand matters correctly, is not to be confused with the same film but longer and with the director's name in the title. I dunno, people seem to get excited and upset about the difference, if Twitter is anything to go by. Anyway, I thought it was OK as these comic book things go, though not as good as Wonder Woman

Then back to rewatching with John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017) and John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (2019). They're both very good, but I think the third one doesn't work so well because it starts in the wrong place. The first two kicked off by establishing a strong basis for the story of that particular film and then following that through. The third spends its first part just carrying on with some stuff from the second, then finally gets around to setting up its own story, but makes it a bit too complicated; then it spends too much time just having fights in a way that doesn't justify the complications. And how come John Wick gets so bad at shooting people? In the first two, he'd double-tap them to the chest then put one in the head and move on. In the third, he'll put four or five in the chest then two or three in the head and won't even have killed them. He repeatedly needs to use an entire magazine (about fifteen rounds, it seems) just to kill two blokes and then they turn out to not even be dead yet, while in the first two films he'd off four or five per magazine. Let's hope the fourth film, due next year, is a bit better about these things

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Sunless.

No current precipitation but it's thinking about it.

19.6 deg in here, so cooler.

1000 mBar, 29.53 in Hg, 67% RH.

Sunday.

Shopping trip to Tesco and Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Lunch: roast chicken with bacon & sausages, a red pippy corner yog, & 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I even remembered the roasties & roast onion before I'd eaten the rest.

A lot less meh than other Sunday lunches have turned out recently.

In other news, there's a bouncy castle 3 doors down.

I wonder if I can have a go on it.

Walk walked (abbreviated).

Entertainment: Am Dro: Pontypridd, Trimsaran, Bethesda, Llanelltyd.

Garden prog Yng Nghymraeg.

Hidden Wales with Will Millard: he's looking at the early submarine Resurgam somewhere off the coast of Rhyl.

Tea: Heinz soup, some sliced peaches, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: some nonsense on Blaze, oddly not the usual fare of endlessly fatuous UFO progs but "Mega Disasters: Hawaiian Apocalypse".

Rather than stuff that has happened disasterously, it's about stuff that might happen disasterously.

Same old same old.

I see there was a "new" Monkey Life on Pick at 19:00 this evening.

Freecell score: 100% (of 14), running average 84% (84.105%).

Entertainment: Some nonsense on Blaze about their usual UFO/paranormal obsession.

Repair Shop: doll, toy boat, gramophone (windup, acoustic, not the fuse blowing trip tripper).

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 August 2021, 20:13.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      In other news, my mum is back in hospital. Apparently she'd been getting occasional chest pains since Tuesday (without telling anyone), so Saturday is when she finally decided to do something about it

They're not sure exactly what's wrong so they're keeping her in for now
                      Hope she's ok Fizzy Knickers. Loony Lady 1 has had to go to hospital due to pains in her lower abdomen. Pondering whether to go on me own to the NGS open garden things I've already paid for.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X