• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

After a bit of a grey spell it's got sunny again, and the wind has dropped to more tolerable levels, though there's still a refreshing breeze

Comment

Realised I didn't have any Yorkshire puds in the freezer to go with the roast dinner I'm having tonight, so I popped to Iceland. It wasn't at all busy, but about half of the people in there weren't wearing masks

Hope I don't get pinged by the NHS app because of them

I took my recycling down with me and trundled the bin against the morrow, so that's out of the way

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Realised I didn't have any Yorkshire puds in the freezer to go with the roast dinner I'm having tonight, so I popped to Iceland....
        Even I can make these... I a bit shocked.

Just cooked dinner for tomorrow. Sort of Sri Lankan beef curry. I was amazed we have most of the spices. For those we didn't have, I found suitable substitutes. Took two hours to put it together. It'll marinate overnight in the fridge, then about lunchtime tomorrow, I'll pop it into the clay pot and leave to cook at 130°C for five hours.

I had a taste of the sauce. Not too spicy, but nice flavours. I made the mistake of rubbing my eyes before washing my eyes. I'd been chopping chillis...
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Just cooked dinner for tomorrow. Sort of Sri Lankan beef curry. I was amazed we have most of the spices. For those we didn't have, I found suitable substitutes. Took two hours to put it together. It'll marinate overnight in the fridge, then about lunchtime tomorrow, I'll pop it into the clay pot and leave to cook at 130°C for five hours.

I had a taste of the sauce. Not too spicy, but nice flavours. I made the mistake of rubbing my eyes before washing my eyes. I'd been chopping chillis...
          just be glad you weren't checking the chaps!

Did my lamb hearts as usual last night I find cooking a stress reliever.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Had a nice catch up over zoom with a friend I'd not spoken to for ages.

I can't be bothered to watch any telly box so I may read for a change as I have lots of books but rarely make the time to look at them.

Bins have been trundled and I managed to put them out such that they didn't spontaneously untrundle themselves.

Comment

Tea has been a roast lamb dinner, and exceedingly nice it was

I managed to complete it a bit later than planned, but by good fortune the Sainsbury's delivery didn't arrive until after I'd eaten it, and indeed done the washing up

Unfortunately, it seems to have been incompetent packer day again; two bottles of ale (Bishop's Finger) had been shoddily packed so that their caps had come loose and they'd leaked merrily into the crate they were in, thereby soaking into the base of a large sesame bloomer

The bloke scanned the three items to refund me, and said I could keep them if I wanted as he'd only chuck them straight in the bin when he got back to the shop. So I have about two-thirds of a bottle of BF (in two separate bottles) which is now chilling in the fridge to calm it down a bit; and a loaf sitting upside-down on the side, on the off chance it's possible to do anything with it once it dries. But it'll probably end up in the bin

And as that beer won't keep in that state, I suppose I'd better drink it tonight

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                It only occurred to me when I got back from Iceland that I've got all the ingredients in stock and could easily have made some

Comment

Telly tonight was another new Traffic Cops, and then some C5 thing about an A&E department that fails to be anywhere near as good as 24 Hours in A&E

Early night now with vague plans to get out walking early and get the recycling bin at the same time; though rain is forecast from the early hours and on through the day, so we shall see

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

A grey, damp, rather gloomy start out there today

There seems to have been a good bit of rain overnight; although it's holding off at the moment, it'll be back around lunchtime and potentially continue through into the evening. Currently 14°C with a light but cold breeze, barometers down at 993/1001mB

Comment

I'd take the beer soaked bread, toast it and then and make croutons with it.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X