• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch, by the way, was zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

after he deleted a post! Because his sniping failed!

BR14 go to the bottom of the stairs.
      Ah that's what he meant. Cheeky

Comment

Lunch was a chicken and rice concoction cooked up by HWMBO.

Lots of left overs that will keep me in meals for a few days if the kids don't hoover it all up.

Comment

After what felt like a fair bit of faffing about but was only really about thirty minutes, a chicken casserole is in the oven

And a mundane wash has been done too which finished during that process, so I'd better get it out and hang it up

Comment

The chicken casserole turned out inordinately nice, accompanied by chips and peas

I often use a packet casserole mix from Sainsbury's because it's nice, but I forgot to get any, so I improvised with what I had in the cupboard. It turned out so well, I may just stick to doing it this way in future

Comment

Tea, and after, was accompanied by an episode of Trucking Hell featuring a lorry that had crashed into an electricity substation and a boat that somebody wanted lifting into their back garden many miles from the sea, among other things

Better get to sleep I suppose, as it seems like the morning may offer the best chance tomorrow to get a walk in while it's not raining

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Current conditions outside: occasional light drizzle tending towards showers

It's quite mild at 17°C but not expected to get past 20°, with rain predictions ranging from 100% in the next hour to 30% for one hour this evening, but generally between 60% and 90% with the occasional gap. Barometers slightly down at 1000/1008mB. So quite a nice day really, when you bear in mind that hot sunny weather is horrid

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast this morning but no precipitation at this time. It's currently 18 degrees with a high of 19 expected. It's due to rain from lunchtime onwards with warnings on the radio that with little wind, cloud will not move much and so rain could be in the 'deluge' category. Barometer steady at 1010 mBar.

Didn't want to get up this morning, but managed to drag myself out of bed eventually.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  American swimmer, Caleb Dressel, wins 3 gold medals in one day at the World Championships in Gwangju, South Korea 2019

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Oh how lovely it is.

Unpleasantly warm at 23.1 deg in here.

1003 mBar, 29.62 in Hg, 65% RH.

Tuesday.

23.8 deg in here at 10:55.

TV Times purchased.

Abbreviated walk walked in the light drizzle.

Sweating like the proverbial now.

Lunch: Heinz lentil & bacon soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Car SOS: 1984 Toyota Landcruiser imported from Oz.

Not quite like Trigger's broom unlike some.

24.6 deg in here at 13:19.

And the fecking sun is out again.

Freecell score: 90%, running average 84% (84.09%).

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S3 E7 wherein Rory doesn't feature.

Tea: Tesco breaded cod, some tinned peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Robert DeNiro on Sky Arts.

Nearly fell asleep watching that "Joy of Painting" thing on BBC4.

Watched a bit of the thing about Coastal Paths in Devon & Dorset.

Watched a bit of a thing about black holes on PBS.

Might watch Elementary S6 E3 if I can be arsed. I couldn't.

Engineering Mistakes on Quest.

More bridge disasters: the Mianus River Bridge on I-95.

Remarkably dumb Olympic stadium roof design in Montreal Canada, unfinished in 1976, completed in 1982, fecked again, replaced, fecked again, and fecking fecked when it collapsed under the weight of snow.

The Churchill Way flyovers in Liverpool: bet some light fingered gits nicked the reinforcing.

Wilnis dyke failure.

"The Hunter (1980)" being Steve McQueen's last picture, with that Eli Wallach and that LeVar Burton.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 July 2021, 23:15.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Pâté on sesame bloomer toast for lunch

The day continues gloomy, with occasional drizzle

Comment

Working...
                      X