• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been a Friday night special of thick-cut ribeye steak with chips, beans and fried onions. Delicious, and very filling

Comment

Tonight's first major motion picture was Arrival (2016), the producers of which really should have kept their sound engineers in check or shelled out for subtitles; this is the third time I've watched it and even listening through headphones, there's some dialogue that's totally incomprehensible. Other than that, it's a good film

And then I, Robot (2004) because it's a while since I've watched it

Finally, S5E4 of The Americans, What's the Matter with Kansas? (TV Episode 2017). What indeed, other than what and where it is

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

It's hot. Blue sky, 21 degrees now, will reach 28+ later . Barometer up to 1028 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        The national drinking age in the United States is changed from 18 to 21, 1984
        Last edited by ladymuck; 17 July 2021, 09:36.

Comment

I effectively clocked off at 3.30pm yesterday as I had a call with my pension advisor for my annual review. Riveting stuff but all good it would seem.

Then I dashed off to Regent's Park for the Taste London festival where I was meeting HWMBO and kids plus friends of mine. Had a very good laugh and ate / drank much.

Today we are taking the kids to Borough market for a mooch about. Then we'll be watching the Black Widow fillum that's not long come out followed by trad Japanese yakitori for dinner.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Hot at 22.7 deg in here.

1024 mBar, 30.24 in Hg, 72% RH.

Managed to sleep, but in a turn up for the book, a cold shower was necessary on arising as well as on going to bed.

Saturday apparently, judging by the whittering from the wireless.

Will this unpleasant hotness never end?

Walk unwalked, I'm not going out there in this heat.

The next batches of bol and chilli duly manufactured, during which a Bad Onion was discovered, purchased from Tesco along with The Bad Oranges.

Meanwhile the Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed was found to taste rather blue, and so it proved to be, the jackdaws may be appreciative once I've cut the blue bits off.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with some blue Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, replaced by Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on this last, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score in the blazing heat of afternoon: 100%, running average 84% (84.05%).

Tea: spag with the first portion of today's bol, which hadn't really had time to develop its due fieriness, some tinned mango slices, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea, and a yog since it's BBE was due and the fridge isn't as cold as it might be.

Entertainment: "House of Bamboo (1955)" with Robert Stack, Robert Ryan (in bad guy mode again), Cameron Mitchel, and a little known chap DeForest Kelley as "Charlie (uncredited)".

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 July 2021, 18:52.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Went over to some friends for a BBQ. Good food, well cooked, great company accompanied by the new Tetley's no4 lager who thinks its an ale (pleasant enough but behind Old speckled hen & Doombar)

I have been watching Time on the Beeb with Sean Bean again proving he can really act. Well worth a watch. Sadly the story really does reinforce my prejudices about prison that lots of the inmates are Mad or Sad and the really bad ones make it worse for the others.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Another unpleasant day, with the sun beating down unhindered by the few small bits of white fluffiness floating about; it's already 27°C and on its way to 29°

And apparently tomorrow will be just as bad

Comment

Oh dear(tm):

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Really nice bacon butty for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Oh dear(tm):

I've met Tom Scott a few times at tech events in London. He makes good videos

Comment

Working...
                      X