• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

and are you? at home?
    I am! I was loitering in bed and had to put a dressing gown on sharpish

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I am! I was loitering in bed and had to put a dressing gown on sharpish
      a vision of etherial lovelyness in your goon, tartan slippers and hair net?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

a vision of etherial lovelyness in your goon, tartan slippers and hair net?
        Don't forget the curlers and face mask!

Track & Trace (not Test & Trace as I erroneously referred to them as earlier) have now phoned me to get me to confirm I will quarantine and do all the tests.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out, mild enough at 20°C though not expected to get any higher than that, barometers marginally down at 1006/104mB; rain expected tonight

TV reception is very poor at the moment, causing Monkey Life to break up a fair bit

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            TV reception is very poor at the moment, causing Monkey Life to break up a fair bit
            After a bit of archaeological excavation I eventually dug up a signal booster I bought years ago. As I recall it did no good at all on the old analogue stuff, so it was consigned to the assorted junk department. Having found it, then found a spare aerial lead I bought from either Maplin or Wilkos, also years ago, and then found somewhere to plug it in: perfect signal!

I don't suppose it'll let me get any of the missing channels as they're probably blocked by the aerial, but once Monkey Life is over for the week, I'll see if any of the other channels that never work properly have improved

Comment

Lots of other channels are now watchable

Only in the sense of being displayed properly though. There's nothing on any of them worth watching

Comment

Late lunch: pancetta omelette

Comment

Having made HWMBO watch a week's worth of TdF, he's now having to suffer The Curse of Oak Island. It's S4E15, the finale episode of the season and the opening titles imply they find something by practically destroying it.

He's wisely fortifying himself with a gin and tonic.

Comment

We had some friends around this afternoon. He's English, she's Swiss - been here for years. Anyway, we had afternoon tea. I made a faux clotted cream (you can't get clotted cream here), made from whipped double cream, a little icing sugar and mascarpone to go with the scones - choice of apricot or raspberry jam. Wifey made the scones, proper cucumber sandwiches, egg and cress sandwiches, and salmon with cream cheese sandwiches. Even cut the crusts off.

Darjeeling tea.

Sitting in the garden. A little corner of England. But better weather. The Swissy yummed up the scones and sandwiches.

Past week a bit of a blur. Lots of hospitality + working intensively. So tired... tomorrow I'm taking a day off. Planting shrubs, taking a parcel to Germany to post to UAE (friends left some clothes behind), finding a climbing rose.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm baking a cherry & almond cake

Comment

Working...
                      X