• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Home.
    Welcome back!

Comment

Was there no Trucking Hell last week?

I watched S4E12 before I went away.

Comment

In the Chinese

Menu has been rearranged and possibly changed, and the prices have gone up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          In the Chinese

Menu has been rearranged and possibly changed, and the prices have gone up
          Generally very nice

But the chicken and sweetcorn soup didn't seem quite as good as usual. I hope they're not starting to cut corners

Then again, that soup always did vary a little from week to week, and it was still pretty nice

Comment

Was there no Trucking Hell last week?

I watched S4E12 before I went away.
            Nothing new on IMDb: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8571524/episodes/

Comment

Is it that time already? No wonder the sun's coming up

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was The Invisible Man (2020), which was pretty good, but was written and directed by some bloke who directs horror films as a rule. And the problem with blokes who direct horror films is that, over the years, horror films have somehow been able to get away with letting characters who are supposed to have a reasonable level of intelligence behave in really stupid ways for the convenience of the story; and the blokes end up thinking that's an acceptable way to tell a story. It isn't, and it never was, and it happened a lot in this film. So although it isn't a bad film, it's not as good as it could have been if the same story had been presented with a bit more effort and a bit less laziness

And then I realised that I'd recently watched all the Mad Max films except Fury Road so I watched that again. I did think of watching the Black & Chrome edition, but decided I wanted the colours (some of which are very wonderful), so that will have to wait

Finally, a rewatch of Lucy (2014). In scientific terms, it's arrant nonsense from start to finish. But it's entertaining enough

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Grey white sky.

Damp.

Looking "promising".

Sunless.

20.8 deg in here.

1010 mBar, 29.83 in Hg, 68% RH.

Sunday.

Raining.

Sunday morning shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, and put away.

Supplies of bramble jelly () have been restored.

Chicken aroasting in the oven with cumberland sausages.

And very nice it was too, which made a pleasant change from the usual "meh".

Very grey out there, though it was a bit sunny for a short while.

Very dark, grey, and raining, not hard, but enough to make it rather wet.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84% (84.02%).

Tea: Heinz 5 beans (rest of tin from last week) on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast (the non blue bit), blackcurrant jam sandwich on the other non blue bit of same, a yog, Ginsters vegan Moroccan pasty, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Commentary & other extras (of which there are a lot it being the 2 dvd version) relating to Star Trek (2009).

A bit of "From the terrace (1960)" with that Paul Newman chap, I've only turned it on because Myrna Loy is in it.

Horizon: "Some strange signals from outer space" on BBC4.

The Truth, apparently, Is Out There.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 July 2021, 22:07.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It's reasonably bright out but cloudy. Dry. Currently 19 degrees with the high wavering around 19/20 today. Rain may occur this evening. Barometer at 1016 mBar.

Ended up going to bed early last night as I was feeling under the weather and just a bit 'meh'. No laundry was done so that's the job for today.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  Waterloo railway station officially opens in London 1848

Comment

NHS test and trace have just turned up to check I'm at home!

Comment

NHS test and trace have just turned up to check I'm at home!
                      and are you? at home?

Comment

Working...
                      X