• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Bin overbinging the gin agin?
    I find gin helps that If the headache continues, just have more gin.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning denizens

Another good night's sleep; I awoke briefly about twenty past five as light was coming in where I'd opened up a gap in the curtains, but that's a silly time to get up so back to sleep again. Then I awoke again about half six, and was just dropping back off when I got a massive, painful cramp in my right calf

After that I was able to get back to sleep for a bit, but woke again a little after seven and decided I might as well get up

Grey start out, mild at 14°C; no overnight rain, and the stuff that's forecast has been pushed back to mid-afternoon, 70%. Target temperature is 22°C, and the barometers are down slightly at 1008/1016mB

Comment

Morning all

Dry, bright, a bit on the cloudy side and muggy. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 23 expected. Slight chance of some rain after lunch. Barometer down to 1016 mBar.

Busy start to the morning. Up early and off to Paddington station for my back up 'fit to fly' covid test (just in case the postal one gets lost). Now back home and starting that work type stuff.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        The 'Moo Pa' youth football team and their coach are rescued by divers from a cave in Tham Luang, Thailand 2018

Comment

celebrating Friday by having two - two! - rounds of buttered wholemeal toast while I decide what I'm supposed to be doing today

Comment

The electrical supplies repairs took place overnight, there's a nice new voltage transformer installed on the pole.

There's a mark on the pole where the flashover happened.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Warmer at 21.9 deg in here.

1013 mBar, 29.91 in Hg, 67% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in WM1.

WM2 being disinfected before meeting the sheets.

Smalls out of WM1 and into TD.

Shirts in WM1.

Sheets in WM2.

Oh the frenzy.

Calm restored by watching the part of Trucking Hell I missed last night due to the suicidal jackdaw.

Smalls out of WM1 & into the TD.

Shirts in WM1.

Smalls out of TD & airing in the front bedroom.

Shirts out of WM1 and into TD.

Shirts out of TD and roughly iRoned, during which I burned myself.

Blisters on fingertips making typing inneresting.

Shirts airing in the back bedroom, hanging from the picture rail.

Cottons out of WM1 and into the TD.

Jeans & cords into WM1 since they were rather in need of a wash, though the jeans are End Of Life since my nuts are about to fall out of them, which is odd since normally jeans tend to tear elsewhere.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on the other thick crust of Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, a yellow corner yog, a bramble jelly sandwich on same, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Cottons out of the TD.

Jean & cords out of WM1.

Sheets out of WM2.

All now hanging on the washing line in the somewhat wan sun.

Entertainment: a brief venture into the commentary on "Paris, Texas (1984)", then on to sommat vaguely inneresting: The Repair Shop, one ep of which featured a 1960s GEC transistor radio that had seen better days.

The 2nd ep featured a "what the butler saw" machine.

Then I picked some gooseberries.

Tea: Tesco breaded cod, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Peter Finch: it would appear that I've seen one of his films, whilst "Network" resides in a pile in the front room. :

Monday's epic is Willy fecking Wonka, which I may give a miss.

Can't find anything to watch now.

I see "new" imdb has been improved by turning it to tulip.

Bit like the new software on this site, as it happens.

Freecell score: 85%, running average 84%.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 July 2021, 22:12.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Towel wash almost complete - another bit of laundry I'd been meaning to do, but kept forgetting until I was down to the last towel

Comment

Quick pop round to the greengrocers to pick up essential fruits for cocktails ahead of HWMBO's arrival this afternoon.

Need mint though, which is annoying. Maybe HWMBO will take the hint and pick some up on his walk up from the tube station.

Comment

Feeling vaguely run down still this morning, was a bit bogged down as far as work went, and my calf muscle was aching from this morning's cramp. But it's bin day nonetheless, so the recycling bin has been retrieved and trundled back in

As it was quite pleasant out there, if still cloudy, I decided a little more exercise would do me good; so the walk was then briskly walked in the sweltering 19°C heat, and the green ring closed

And immediately upon returning, I sorted out lunch: a bacon butty, on sesame bloomer

So, suitably perked up and fed, I shall now return to the fray

Comment

For the past 6 hours, my Ethiopian friend and I have been preparing Injira. 4kg of onions chopped, 5kg of chicken cut to chunks, potato, carrot, 600g chilli powder, 1l of oil. And other stuff. I've tried some already, and it is really really good.

There's ten of us this evening. We're celebrating my wife's and my daughter's birthday, and that our friend has been granted permanent residency. I think they must have tasted what he cooks.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Didn't get as much done as I wanted this afternoon, but the local instance of the service that will be ingesting our data from a feed is, in fact, doing so and stuffing it into ElasticSearch, so that's good enough for one day

I have to say, having not previously done a huge amount with Docker, I'm now totally convinced. There are a number of services within the department that our stuff has to interact with; they have development environments and so on, but I have to jump through all kinds of hoops to get access to them. Instead, I clone the app from GitHub, configure a few things like ports so they don't clash with other things already running, run docker-compose, and I have a local version (probably itself made up of multiple servers for different things like PostgreSQL and Redis) up and running

The gloomy, grey, rainy afternoon that was forecast has failed to materialise. Instead, a sunny afternoon with the merest wisp of cloud here and there to give the sky a bit of texture is going on outside

Comment

Working...
                      X