• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Chinese
    Very nice, as always

I don't know if the kitchen staff have changed with the advent of new management, though I haven't seen at least one of the ladies who worked in there since. But she often used to leave at nine on Saturday anyway, so maybe she's just changed her hours. But the quality of the food hasn't suffered, and that's the main thing

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Mary Queen of Scots (2018) in which a giant robot sisters quarrel over which of them is going have their head cut off. I thought it was pretty good as these hose-and-doublet things go

And then more of The Americans: S4E12 A Roy Rogers in Franconia (TV Episode 2016), S4E13 Persona Non Grata (TV Episode 2016), and S5E1 Amber Waves (TV Episode 2017)

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all.

Temperature 15 °C
        Relative humidity 92%
        Pressure 978 hP

Expected to be around 29C later, but we'll be up in the mountains. Just getting ready to travel the railways on daycards. We're planning to take the route of the Glacier Express, but on regular trains.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning all

Dull, overcast, damp. Signs of a sprinkling of rain on the patio tiles but no active precipitation at present. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 22 later. Rain expected if not now then later this afternoon. Barometer steady at 1016 mBar. As I'm off to the south coast: it's currently 18 degrees there, may squeak up to 21 and rain expected from the time I'm due to arrive for the rest of the day (that'll make for a lovely journey home).

I have trimmed one part of the Victoria Sponge and smeared it in jam. Breakfast was therefore cake trimmings (and very nice they were too ). Having a coffee before I whip up some cream to dollop in.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          'Route 66' is decertified and officially removed from the United States highway system 1985

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

White sky.

Clouds going The Wrong Way from East to West. No good shall come of this.

Sunless.

20.1 deg in here.

1013 mBar, 29.91 in Hg, 67% RH.

Sunday.

Once breakfast is out of the way it's off on the inevitable Sunday shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons.

Got bilked out of 20p in Morrisons.

Shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, and put away.

Forgot some stuff.

The wireless has just informed me why I couldn't buy Lux soap any more.

It was dropped in favour of Dove.

And off goes the wireless as ISIHAC comes on, a programme I've detested for 40 years or more.

Innerestingly enough, it turns out that I've loathed it for 49 years, so very nearly half a century.

ISIRTA, on the other hand, I rather liked, though some of it couldn't be broadcast these days, much like the bits of Fawlty Towers in The Germans.

Even back in the 70s bits got chopped out, including the NixWilkson sketch from the repeat when Nixon resigned.

Lunch: roast chicken with sausages, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Rather nicer than last week's disappointing roast beef.

If it stays dry, I'll mow the lawns this afternoon.

Feeling very for some reason.

Lawns mown though it nearly fecking killed me.

Showered.

Freecell score: 100% (of 11), running average 84% (83.976%).

Tea: a Ginsters vegan steak slice (reduced), Heinz leak & potato soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, a yog, a bramble jelly sandwich on crust of same, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

This sounds amusing boyo:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000nt6m

The hippy trail to India via that Afghanistan place long long ago when it was comparatively safe and not everyone wanted to kill you.

Dear dead days beyond recall.

Entertainment: TBD.

Which turned out to be "21 Jump Street (2012)" and "22 Jump Street (2014)" which turned out to be quite unexpectedly amusing, though not quite as amusing as "Bad Santa".
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 June 2021, 23:03.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Family Zoom call has been done. It seems New Zealand is still clinging to that antiquated notion of having Sunday night while we have Sunday morning, but I don't suppose they're doing any harm by it

Another grey day here, currently 16°C and possibly getting as high as 19°C, slight chance of rain in a while, no noteworthy change in pressure at 1010/1018mB

I'm feeling quite peckish after all the getting up and that, so it's possible a fry-up is going to happen before Monkey Life kicks off at 13:00

Comment

Fry-up accomplished in time for Monkey Life, and exceptionally nice it was

Comment

*bump*

Comment

The day with the parentals was very pleasant. The Victoria Sponge turned out exceedingly well even if there was some slippage of the top layer (perhaps caused by my driving).

It's very humid out; going to be an uncomfortable evening.

Managed to get home just in time for the TdF highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

And off goes the wireless as ISIHAC comes on, a programme I've detested for 40 years or more.

Innerestingly enough, it turns out that I've loathed it for 49 years, so very nearly half a century.
                      I've always enjoyed ISIHAC. That and JAM are two of my favourite R4 shows.

Comment

Working...
                      X