• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched a thing on iPlayer about the building of Hinkley Point C (12 days left for the first episode). Now watching season 4 episode 1 of The Curse of Oak Island.

This year they're going to dig in the Money Pit.

Comment

Tea has been the leg and other bits of the Big Chicken, reheated, with chips

Accompanied by a bit of Traffic Cops

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Watched a thing on iPlayer about the building of Hinkley Point C (12 days left for the first episode).
        Added to the list, ta

Back in the 1980s a friend of mine was hitching on the outskirts of Hinckley, a town about fourteen miles down the A47 southwest from Leicester. A van driver stopped and called out to him "Hey mate, do you know where the power station is?" He said "What, Hinkley Point power station?" Van driver glances at a delivery note and says "Yeah." "Yes, I know where it is," says my mate. "It's in Somerset."

Comment

Hinkley Point is about 8000 miles too fecking close to me.

In fact anything the PLA has their fingers in is too fecking close to me.

Those the gods wish to destroy they get the Chinese to build a fecking nuclear power station for.

Not that I'm in any way prejudiced against the Red bastards of course.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

There's been odd spots of rain this evening, though nothing lasting. Bit of a chilly breeze too, so generally not very summery for the first day of summer

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start!

I was promised rain all week, but you can't rely on anything nowadays

It's expected to cloud over by mid-morning though. Currently 12°C, with a predicted high of 17°, barometers noticeably up at 1013/1021mB

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

CBS.

Sunny.

Cooler at 19.5 deg in here.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 67% RH.

Tuesday.

Stone me, I see this new version has immensely improved access to the "ignore list" function.

WTF?

Walk walked.

Quite breezy out there and sunny with it.

Where's the rain we were promised?

Lunch: Heinz pea and ham soup with Morrisons oat & barley bread (not as satisfying as the wholemeal sunflower & spelt version), bramble jelly sandwich on sunflower and pumpkins seed bread, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 89%, running average 84% (83.94%).

Entertainment: "The day they dropped the bomb".

Tea: Tesco breaded chunky cod, the last of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Warren Beatty on Sky Arts.

Which wasn't very inneresting really, since I've only watched McCabe & Mrs Miller along with Bonnie & Clyde.

Judging by the other films they showed, I ain't missed much, though I might have a copy of Bugsy in one of the piles.

The Repair Shop on BBC1: I was only innerested in the home made telescope.

Good use was made of the universal free-er upper known as the gas torch.

Thing about the jetstream on BBC4.

Engineering Disasters on Quest: Tacoma narrows bridge (again), sinkholes in Florida, the two level freeway collapse in Oakland during an earthquake, and how not to build a multistory carpark with bubble concrete floors in Eindthoven: hint: follow the fecking plans, it tends to work better.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 June 2021, 22:07.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but dry out. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 17 later. Rain expected this morning but the sun should make an appearance this afternoon. Barometer up to 1018 mBar

Busy start to the morning, now on to 'doing time'.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  Diego Maradona crushes England's World Cup dreams with his infamous 'Hand of God' goal 1986

Comment

New phone arrives today - a Pixel 5. I finally got fed up of my 3a periodically losing all network connectivity and Amex had a good cashback offer on Google Store purchases that knocks £100 off.

Comment

Gloomy here now, and there's a bit of a breeze getting up

Comment

Working...
                      X