• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got a message from Ikea - they're expecting to deliver between 16:25 and 17:25

Comment

Delivery arrived, slightly early, so I've just carried nine 16kg boxes upstairs

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Delivery arrived, slightly early, so I've just carried nine 16kg boxes upstairs
        Damn watch has only given me eleven minutes credit for the exercise too, and one or two of them will be from when I popped out the back at lunchtime

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Damn watch has only given me eleven minutes credit for the exercise too, and one or two of them will be from when I popped out the back at lunchtime
          Maybe you need to record it as a strength exercise rather than cardio

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Maybe you need to record it as a strength exercise rather than cardio
            I didn't record it as a workout - this was just the watch saying "Oh, he's moving around a lot for a change, let's count it as exercise"

To be fair, it probably took me less than ten minutes to cart them all upstairs, so some of the time it gave me will be from running down to open the door and so on

Comment

First and largest Ikea box opened, being the top and bottom - sorry, "plinth" - of the chest of drawers. Now to settle down with the instructions and and decipher the diagrams within

Forgot to post this in my enthusiasm. Luckily that's been beaten out of me and replaced with a dogged determination to get this damn thing finished, if only because the stuff that's going to be put in it is currently piled on the bed

One drawer done and attached to the base - it's a double-depth one. I designed it with a couple of those at the bottom, then three normal sized drawers and finally two half-depth ones at the top; and to the right, a column of six half-width drawers. I'm hoping that, having cracked the mysteries of how this particular range goes together on the first one, the rest will go a bit quicker

Comment

I really do think they missed a trick by using Allen keys.

It'd be much more amusing with a 12 point, a bristol spline, or a Torx(tm) or two.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

No Allen keys in sight with this lot, or not that I've seen yet - you're expected to supply your own screwdrivers, and a hammer is handy for knocking the dowels in all the way

Turns out that even when you know what you're doing with this lot, it's quite time-consuming. The bottom layer, being one-third of the whole, is now done and I'm giving up for the night; apart from anything else, I've got to the point of accidentally inflicting minor injuries on myself because I'm tired, which is usually a good sign that one should stop before needing something more than an Elastoplast

Still, reasonably pleased with the progress so far, and the remainder shouldn't be too much hassle as each layer has two-thirds width bits in it rather than the individual thirds of the bottom layer, so it'll go a bit quicker

Comment

Much Oak Island watched. I suspect I may be at the point DrS started watching.

A diver for 10X was found but, on seeing naff all when a ROV went down the hole, he decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Some digging was done on Plot 6 because it's suspicious that a freed slave was able to find the money to buy several plots of land on the island. A pointy rock was found.

Sonar scanning of the bay revealed a(nother) triangular rock.

Some chap turns up blathering on about the Portuguese and the Arc of the Covenant.

Another diver was found. A test dive through a 27 inch bit of pipe in shallow water seemed ok so he's happy to have a go at the real thing. First dive attempt aborted shortly after it started due to comms failure. Second dive attempt aborted before it started due to issues to with the mask.

Poking around the stones that make up 'Nolan's Cross' revealed an iron pulley by one of the stones by the shore. Immediate connection to a pulley seen on an oak tree in the tales from 200 years ago.

Another dive attempt made. Diver made it into 27 inch section but the drill bar that's stuck in there impeded progress.

A Roman sword being passed around with a tenuous claim that it was found on the island at some point in the past.

Comment

Tea has been the last of the scouse out of the freezer, with a chunk of sesame bloomer, because it was the quickest and easiest thing to make after all the furniture assembly shenanigans dragged on so late

Accompanied by a bit of Trucking Hell

Comment

Working...
                      X