• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I should have made you leave your key

Gloria you are a goddess!!!!
    Quality century drivel there

Comment

Tonight's viewing, aside from some Police Interceptors and Traffic Cops whilst dining, was not one but two motion picture premieres - three if we're including TV episodes as well as motion pictures

First up: 300: Rise of an Empire (2014) in which the Greeks engage the Persians in naval warfare, all done in the extremely over-the-top visual style of the film 300 and none the worse for that

Then from the Med to Korea where they seem to make a lot of good films. Up tonight was Train to Busan (2016) in which a plague released from a biological research place that turns people into rabidly murderous zombies is spreading with an extremely high R number while some people are just trying to get to Busan on a train. Excellent film, highly recommended

And then I stuck by my promise to give See, the Apple TV thing that's obviously based on H. G. Wells's The Country of the Blind (though I don't recall seeing it acknowledged in the credits), a further chance. They seem to have realised by the second episode that the Hobbit-speak had to go (though some iffy formulations slipped through the cracks) so it grated a bit less; I daresay I'll give the third episode a go, but it's still on thin ice at the moment. An Apple spokesperson declined to comment when asked why and how people who are completely blind go to the trouble of dyeing their fabrics and weaving patterns into them, let alone why their queen wears an elaborate crown that no one can see

Goodnight all

Comment

Today, 04:13
        Gawd. Don't you ever go to bed Fizzy Knickers? I actually slept quite well last night, first day I've not felt like crap for a while.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

WxogS.

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Damp.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Bit warmer at 19.4 deg in here.

1021.5 mBar, 30.16 in Hg, 64% RH.

Sunday judging by the godbothering crap emitted by the wireless.

<hiatus>

And that's the entirety of the nonsense Specifically In General scanned, ignored, and consigned to never be contemplated ever again.

Good to see Gricer back again.

Even better to know he doesn't want to visit Wales.

<hiatus>

Sunday shopping visit to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, and put away.

Sunday lunch is acooking.

The stench in the Salting House proved to be down to no less than two Tesco large swedes, which were proper curate's eggs, in one case a total write off, in the other: good in parts.

According to Michael Mosely on the wireless right now, your health is improved by feeling grateful.

Sounds unlikely to me.

It'd be much better if some of those on My Little List weren't around to be on it any more.

Don't tell him your name, Pike

Lunch: roast chicken (Morrisons, reduced) and sausage (cumberland, Morrisons, reduced), a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Walk walked. A pleasant enough day.

Tea: Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli plus Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yogs, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment during tea: Iolo doing his thing tracking the only eagle in Wales, followed by Derek the Weatherman doing his walk thing around the Mawddach estuary.

There's gold in them there hills.

Followed by a programme on Dmax about a South African gold mine where the yield is 10gm/tonne at a depth of 3.5km.

I now know that it takes 2 molecules of NaCN and some O2 plus H20 to dissolve 1 atom of gold.

Well there's a thing then.

Gosh. The triple point of water: something else I'd never thought about.

Plus rock that fragments like a shotgun blast when you're 3.5km down a hole, with some added methane to make it even more inneresting.

6000 tonnes of ore to make one bar of gold.

Entertainment: "Tomb Raider (2018)".

It took its time but I suppose it got there in the end.

TFBSDrS.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 June 2021, 21:40.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            I should have made you leave your key

Gloria you are a goddess!!!!

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              T

Then from the Med to Korea where they seem to make a lot of good films. Up tonight was Train to Busan (2016) in which a plague released from a biological research place that turns people into rabidly murderous zombies is spreading with an extremely high R number while some people are just trying to get to Busan on a train. Excellent film, highly recommended
              A very excellent film. The sequel is good too.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast but dry and bright. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 22 later. Moderate chance of rain this afternoon. Barometer up a touch to 1024 mBar.

Undecided whether the rest of the windows will get washed today. I should do but I'm feeling lazy right this minute. I have been out and covered my patio bench over in case it does rain as it got a proper soaking on Friday and, as it's just wood, I'd rather keep it dry if I can.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                Special pedestrian lane introduced just for 'phubbers', slow-walking smartphone users, in Xi'an China 2018

I hope the lane ends with a pit of vipers or some such

Comment

The rain arrived early. Not very enthusiastic, mind. Just lazy fat blobs of wet at present.

Comment

The rain stopped and it brightened up a lot but there's much grey cloud now so I suspect there'll be more rain sooner or later.

Hospital E4 was mostly about neurosurgery plus a heart valve operation. No-one died.

Now watching E1 of Extra Life: A Short History of Living Longer
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 6 June 2021, 11:28.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out, and although it isn't reining yet, I can smell it in the air - and I see the weather app has been improved (because Apple bought some company that had really good highly localised weather data and forecasting) and it tells me drizzle will be starting in six minutes

Currently 17°C, with an expected high of 19°; 1017/1024mB

Comment

Working...
                      X