• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning duties all completed!

The parcel was a plant I'd ordered ages ago. The company that send them out is quite naff at giving decent despatch information.

I ought to take my car for a drive but it's parked in full sun which will mean the leather seats will burn my bottom.

Comment

It's my great uncle's funeral on Monday. It's being streamed on Vimeo, so I've just worked out and emailed the moderately convoluted process by which my parents can watch it on their TV rather than having to go and sit at my Dad's desk to watch it on the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        It's my great uncle's funeral on Monday. It's being streamed on Vimeo, so I've just worked out and emailed the moderately convoluted process by which my parents can watch it on their TV rather than having to go and sit at my Dad's desk to watch it on the computer.
        Is attendance still being restricted? That's a shame.

It feels really rather peculiar to live stream a funeral on Vimeo.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Is attendance still being restricted? That's a shame.

It feels really rather peculiar to live stream a funeral on Vimeo.
          I don't know what the restrictions are, but my parents aren't well enough to travel to Liverpool these days. TBH they're often barely well enough to travel into town these days, and they only live fifteen minutes' walk from the High Street

My brother's going to represent our side of the family; he's retired, so he can easily drive over from the Peak District where he lives and back the same day.

Comment

Late lunch of a bacon butty: thick cut smoked, and sesame bloomer quickly fried on the inside in the fat, as recommended by Nigel Slater

Comment

Currently 21°C and not intending to get any higher than 22°; the adjusted barometer is 1023mB, but I don't know what it is unadjusted as that comes from an app I wrote myself and I haven't installed it on the new phone yet. Probably 1015mB though; it's usually seven or eight below
              Got around to updating the iMac to the latest version of Xcode now its OS has been updated, which in turn means it can support developing for the new iPhone, which meant I was able to install my unadjusted barometer app on there, which confirmed that it's currently 1015/1023mB

Comment

Dinner was a sausage baguette.

Ents was Mock the Week and Trucking Hell then some stuff off BBC Sounds.

In between all this, I went out and washed the living room window. It's a huge thing and cleaning is made all the harder by the presence of prison style metal bars. The very top of the window is especially tricky. My success criterion was "better than it currently is" and I've achieved that for the section I look through the most.

I'll wash the rest of the windows tomorrow. They're all easily accessible.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

In the Chinese
                    Very nice as always

Busyness status: undetermined as Janet wasn't there

There was some bloke I've never seen before behind the counter, both delivery drivers were there (which almost never happens) stood outside discussing something, and there were two other customers-in-person. So I don't know what's going on down there

Comment

And I've just remembered that I forgot to record last night's tea, so for the sake of completeness of the public record, it was gammon (out of the freezer) with fried egg, pineapple, chips and beans

Comment

Working...
                      X