• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papriksh of Pig's (not Larry) heart made at the weekend, not as delicate but more bacon'y so its good. 5 portions in the freezer. Will be freed to make friends with mash & root vegetables.

Kedgeree also made traditional not Vietnamese or shaking the Barley stylee. 3 remaining portions (Miss V1 rather likes it so she helped eating a few potions) in freezer.

Salad at the weekend was made with Miss V3's lamb's lettuce and ALDi's balsamic glaze quite delicious.

Painting was the excitement of the weekend. Our Landing & Stairs are now a nice calm green instead of raw plaster. Miss V3 used all of my thin masking tape as templates for pictures. (paint & peel)

Miss V2 went rowing and smashed her personal best. Then consumed about 1000 calories and fell asleep grinning.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Links are up

And lunch has been Scotch broth with wholemeal bread

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather...ate=2021-05-10

Oak, and presumably horse chestnuts.
        Yes, I suspect that though it looks nice, the horse chestnut isn't doing me any favours at the moment

Comment

Lunch was a ham and tomato sandwich followed by an orange. The orange was a tad disappointing; lacking both in flavour and juice.

Comment

Not feeling quite so under the weather now, but still not myself. Really struggled with work today

It's been a very changeable day, with sunshine, sudden cloud cover, occasional very heavy showers, and now back to sunny but looking fairly windy

Going to go for a walk and see if that clears my head

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

And the blue ring was closed just before I set out, and the red ring will be closed by pottering around in the kitchen making dinner

Still don't feel right, despite lots of a fresh breeze to the face. A few spots of rain fell tentatively at certain points too, but then backed off. But it's pleasant enough out there in a weathery kind of way

Comment

Rain did its thing on and off throughout the day.

Work did its thing too. Some days I do wonder what it is I'm billing for.

Took a trip to Braehead IKEA for things and stuff. It wasn't too onerous.

Dinner was leftover chicken tray bake. I did the reheating and we're still alive.

Comment

Tea has been a roast pork dinner with the usual trimmings, and exceedingly good it was

It also gave me a chance to try out my new kitchen toy, bought last week: an electric slicer, like a smaller version of one of those things butchers have for cutting bacon, with the circular blade. Very good it is, though TBH I'll probably just carve normally with a freshly-roasted joint for the future. But it'll be very handy for thinly slicing leftovers, such as the rest of this pork, for sandwiches. And it can also slice bread up to 15mm thick, which is useful given that I freeze most of my bread and have to either buy it sliced (which is usually a bit thinner than I'd like) or slice it myself prior to freezing

Comment

And, of course, to accompany dinner a little Trucking Hell was watched

Getting an early night now in the vague hope I'll feel better tomorrow if I have a good night's sleep

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

The sun was breaking through a bit about thirty minutes ago, but now the cloud cover seems to have become a uniform grey

Currently 8°C with 14° promised this afternoon; but rain also promised from late morning on, in probabilities ranging from 30% to 70% through the rest of the day and into the early hours; barometers: 997/1004mB

Not a bad night's sleep. I awoke thinking it must be time to get up at what turned out to be 5:30, so went straight back to sleep. Anyway, I feel better than yesterday, for the moment at least

Comment

Working...
                      X