• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Further entertainment for the evening opened with the premiere of Angels & Demons (2009), being the second adaptation of a Dan Brown novel to which the world has been subjected. It's a load of old obelisks

So being in need of something good instead, I turned to yet another rewatch of Oblivion (2013). The first time I watched this I thought it was OK, but every rewatch has brought new insights; this time around, I realised that what seems a throwaway three-word line towards the end actually explains a huge aspect of the story. Either I'm not very good at following films, or this one is full of great subtleties

And then S3E5 of The Shield, Mum (TV Episode 2004) which is the one where, having been astounded by the levels of savage brutality previously shown in the series, you're confronted with a scene that makes you realise that the people making this show really are not messing around

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      So being in need of something good instead, I turned to yet another rewatch of Oblivion (2013). The first time I watched this I thought it was OK, but every rewatch has brought new insights; this time around, I realised that what seems a throwaway three-word line towards the end actually explains a huge aspect of the story. Either I'm not very good at following films, or this one is full of great subtleties
      Half the time, in my experience, the subtleties tend to be hidden in the deleted scenes.

It probably proves that I'm a doctor of little brain or perception.

Morning.

Wet, very very wet.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary

Dreadful.

Full on murrain of beasts.

Cool at 16.8 deg in here.

998 mBar, 29.47 in Hg, 54% RH.

Saturday.

Lunch: Heinz potato & leek soup, Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In a fit of unbridled optimism toddled off down to the vaccination centre to find it shut.

Car playing up, presumably doesn't like the rain, gearbox changes a bit odd, looks like a front caliper is sticking to add to the joy.

Time to trade it.

It's done 33k miles.

300 miles last year.

Tea: Spag with that bol I made the other with lamb mince, some tinned fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Memo to self: don't use lamb mince ever again.

Meh.

Entertainment: "Episode III: revenge": proof that you really can't polish a turd even if you're George Lucas.

Commentary on "Episode III: polishing a turd".

It's got George Lucas spouting his usual uninneresting crap & 5 of his minions.

There's a 2nd dvd with "making of" on it and deleted scenes.

Watched the deleted scenes but I think the rest can be ignored.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 May 2021, 22:13.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Temperature 9.5 °C
        Relative humidity 67%
        Pressure 982 hPa

High of 20°C today. 28°C tomorrow.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning all

Dull and damp. Spits of rain. Currently 8 degrees, apparently feels like 4 but that's only in the wind. Rain due off and on all day. Barometer down to 999 mBar.

We have been to the tip and now I'm in a coffee shop while HWMBO deals with family matters. I could have tagged along but decided against it.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          The first instalment of Hans Christian Andersen's 'Fairy Tales' is published in Copenhagen 1835

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Gloomy grey day here, raining a lot earlier though it's on hiatus for the moment. Currently 13°C which is about as good as it gets; 988/995mB on the barometers, so distinctly down

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              …now I'm in a coffee shop

It's just like in olden times, when people used to go to places where there were other people

Comment

It's now down to 6 degrees ('feels like' 2) and it's bloomin' grim out. Rain, wind, typical Glasgow weather.

But much achieved and many chores done. Now trying to warm up.

Comment

Ploughing through innumerable browser tabs that have been open for weeks. Half of them, I'm not even sure why I thought they'd be interesting in the first place, though some are. And then there's all the windows with leftover searches and Wikipedia pages where I wanted to quickly look something up and forgot to go back and close them afterwards

Comment

Had a bit of an afternoon nap on the sofa. The evening has turned rather pleasant, weather-wise.

HWMBO is cooking dinner. Smells yummy with aloo roti made by himself. His roti the other day (just herbs) were utterly delicious and it was a good job he only made three, even though prime number servings are my nemesis.

Two Californian Margaritas (per person) have been consumed. Very nice indeed. The recipe is on Diffords Guide, the best cocktail resource I know. I mentioned to HWMBO, "is that the tequila which arrived yesterday?" His reply in the affirmative made me realise that we've hit the tequila based cocktails quite hard this weekend
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 8 May 2021, 19:45.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Memo to self: don't use lamb mince ever again.

There's nowt wrong wit lamb mince, if used appropriately. In a spag bol is not appropriate.

HTH

Last edited by ladymuck; 8 May 2021, 19:45.

Comment

Working...
                      X