• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here we are again, again.

Morning.

Dry.

Cloudy.

Sunless but at least it's not dark out there.

16.7 deg in here.

1011 mBar, in Hg, 54% RH.

Tuesday apparently, but at least I wasn't so confused that it took five minutes to work that out.

<hiatus>

This early morning concert was brought by Hawkwind, being their 1972 epic "Doremi Latidoh" and the earlier 1971 epic "In search of space".

Only 50 years old & counting.

I prefer "Doremi" for some unknown reason, "Master of the Universe" being the favourite on the other CD (or album as we used to term such things back in the mists of time, like).

<hiatus>

TV Times apurchased once I'd been allowed into the post office due to too many people being in there, though invisible to me, hidden behind some shelves of comestibles.

Walk walked in the wan sunshine and increasing greyness.

Didn't seem excessively polleny this morning.

Mildly inneresting thing on R4: "Dare to Repair" with a brief mention of Tim Hunkin.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000vgh8

Brief mention of the control freakery of Apple Inc.

Lunch: Heinz lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed crust, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Discovering William Holden" on Sky Arts.

Must watch "The Wild Bunch (1969)" again.

Abandoned Engineering on Yesterday: film sets: Star Wars, Hudsucker Proxy, Hacksaw Ridge, and something else I've forgotten, oh yes, that Japanese coal mine on an island that got used on a Bond film I've never watched.

Trucking Hell S1 E7 wherein Rory failed to feature, though the Leicester bus station did, plus the 16 ton thing that fell off a lowloader & brought the M1 to a halt for hours, fortunately without killing anyone.

Tea: Tesco unchunky breaded haddock, the last of the tinned fruit salad, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: dunno yet.

Tudur Owen's TV flashbacks.

"Apollo 13 (1995)" with Tom Hanks, Gary Sinese, Bill Paxton, Kevin Bacon, Ed Harris, et al.

They're about to stir an oxygen tank.

I don't think it ends well.

<hiatus>

Inneresting film.

There are two commentaries, one by the Lovells, the other by the director Ron Howard.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 April 2021, 22:37.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, only 6°C and no better than 12° expected, with the barometer down at 1000/1008mB

And the occasional chance of rain has been traded in for a strong likelihood of rain through most of the day, particularly this afternoon when it's on 90% for several hours

But being able to have a nice hot shower was good

Having a couple of plums for breakfast as, having been ripe and ready when bought, they were in danger of becoming old and mouldy if I didn't eat them soon

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Oh! I didn't realise there were only two episodes so far of Trucking Hell S4.

Once I'm done with E2, in about 45 minutes, I will need to find something else to watch.
        S1?

Comment

Morning all

Dry and sunny, clear blue sky. It's 7 degrees at the moment and may squeek up to 16. No rain expected. Barometer is way down, to 1013 mBar. Change is afoot...

Sniffy this morning. May have one of my expired in 2019 hayfever tablets...

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          The first official performance of Handel's 'Music for the Royal Fireworks' 1749

Comment

Miss V3 dropped off.

Breakfast of Kedgeree.

Off marching on a death march project.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Paint samples arrived. Both the wrong colour. More samples ordered.

Comment

Lunch has been some of last week's roast topside of beef, thinly sliced and well peppered, in a wholemeal bap

Comment

Just been for walk with loony lady 2 and another loony lady. Never remember her name.

Took a photo of an overflowing dog poo bag box as lots of different colours, better art than anything I've seen at The Tate Modern.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Paint samples arrived. Both the wrong colour. More samples ordered.
                    I was incorrect. On further inspection, after waiting for the paint to dry, I realised I had opened two pots of the same colour.

I have now discovered I do have the right paint sample and an attempt has been made to cancel the order for the other samples.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Just been for walk with loony lady 2 and another loony lady. Never remember her name.

Took a photo of an overflowing dog poo bag box as lots of different colours, better art than anything I've seen at The Tate Modern.
                      Links to your Insta with your artistic photos?
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X