• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    The world's first malaria vaccine for children begins in Malawi by the World Health Organisation 2019

Now that doesn't read like a proper sentence to me. Surely the word 'programme' after 'vaccine' would make more sense?
    First they miss my birthday, now this. Seems they were starting to lose focus a bit after four months of finding facts to put on there

Comment

The caretaker has decided to water things and is causing a mild flood in my little patio. I suspect he's not noticed the living window is open. I shall have to go and do some mopping up when he's done.

It does remind me that I wanted to borrow his hose (not a euphemism) as my windows need cleaning. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Watched B5 when it first came out - Sunday evening C4, IIRC. I got the DVDs and we watched it as a family. Fun stuff.
        It was Sunday mornings in the Principality, due to S4C & all that.

And, very probably, a week late.

Morning.

Dry.

Warmer at 17.4 deg in here.

Sunny.

Polleny.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Made my porridge wrong.

Brain death imminent.

<hiatus>

Porridge turned out alright.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

<hiatus>

Smalls out of the TD and airing in the front bedroom.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM on the shirts setting bumped to 60 deg.

Itch level: medium.

<hiatus>

Trek up & down the staircase exercise done.

It had to happen: extracting a dvd from near the bottom of a pile on the stairs led to a cascade of dvds falling all over me.

Only just survived.

I think I'll leave the duplicate dvd of "A passage to India" where it is for the moment.

Found more duplicates during the process.

Shirts out of the TD and awaiting the iRon.

Lunch: scrambled egg (no leathery for a change) and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, red corner yog, thick crust of sunflower & pumpkin seed bramble jelly sarnie, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

There's a thing on Sky Arts at 14:00 about Buster Keaton.

Poor Buster Keaton, he survived into the 1960s though his star had faded long before that.

Unusually for a silent movie star he had rather a good voice.

Followed by Engineering Mistakes which included the Liverpool multistory carpark fire which looked really impressive, and the overtopping of that dam in California in 2017(ish) wherein they were afraid it was going to breach and half the spillway got washed away.

Then Trucking Hell which didn't feature Rory but did involve a truck on the side of the M42 where the halfshaft bolts were so tight that the propshaft needed removing instead, and the bolts for that were so tight that some tool abuse was needed to slacken them off by pulling the truck back & forth on the underlift with the spanner jammed against sommat.

Having experienced bolts like that I thought it was rather clever.

I'd seen the Traffic Cops thing several times.

Tea: Tesco unchunky breaded haddock, some fruit cocktail, a yog (or two), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Mr Brooks (2007)" with that Kevin Costner, William Hurt and Demi Moore.

It was quite enjoyable.

In a serial killerly sort of way.

I subsequently found the mandatory 2nd copy of the dvd in one of the piles on the staircase.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 April 2021, 10:12.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Decided to have a go at one of these lateral flow tests from the pack I received yesterday.

My goodness that's a horrible process. No idea if I did it correctly as I kept gagging on the tonsil tickling and sneezing from having a stick up my nose.

Anyway, it was negative.

Comment

Decided to have a go at one of these lateral flow tests from the pack I received yesterday.

My goodness that's a horrible process. No idea if I did it correctly as I kept gagging on the tonsil tickling and sneezing from having a stick up my nose.

Anyway, it was negative.
            our 18+ year old's rather attractive (Milf like) PE teacher was saying these tests have driven her to improve her gag reflex .. My tea went aerosol when this was recounted by Miss V2.

So far I have thankfully avoided the tests!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Anyway, it was negative.
              Yes, the testing process isn't very nice

Lunch has been zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with a thick crust of wholemeal; very tasty

I've got an Amazon delivery due this afternoon (too big for the locker) which is scheduled to arrive at the same time as a project planning meeting. Ah well, we don't usually use cameras and stay on mute unless speaking, so they won't notice if I sneak off to the front door

I know this bouncer: Bouncer assault woman tells club to 'clean up act' - BBC News - he used to work the door at the FMB bar. He always had a bit of a contemptuous attitude towards the customers, which I suspect was fuelled by the fact that he's only about 5'6", or not much more than that

Comment

Went for a lovely walk up to the high street and along.

Popped into Boots which, maybe due to the refurbishment and subsequent reduced floorspace, no longer sells tights. So I went into M&S and up to the first floor lingerie dept where they used to keep the tights. They are now on the ground floor tucked up the back corner. In having a nice mooch to see what else was about I ended up picking up a pair of shoes, a cardigan and a dress too. £5 worth of tights cost me £160 in the end.

Finally, to Wasabi for lunch. A chicken katsu salad and a fruity fizzy drink.

It's nice in the sunshine but there's a stiff breeze that's rather chilly, especially if you're in the shade.

Comment

Lunch was roast chicken in a wrap with peppers & lettuce washed down with 500ml of irn-bru extra. Livin the dream.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

A Crouch Recovery service van just went past as I was looking out the window for the Amazon delivery

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      A Crouch Recovery service van just went past as I was looking out the window for the Amazon delivery
                      Was it Rory?

Comment

Working...
                      X