• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'll knock off now

Comment

Lovely warm day here. Chilli con carne is currently bubbling away on the stove. Went to the gym over lunch and had a nap in the afternoon. Spent an hour trying to figure out why my code suddenly stopped working. Then realised how stupid I'd been. It happens.

Youngest daughter has her first in person oriental archery lesson tonight. Her an other other daughter planning on doing an oriental swordsmanship course later.

Wine is some kind of Grenache/Syrah/Cabernet Sauvignon. Very palatable. Bunged some in the chilli for luck.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Having done with work, I popped out the back, thinking I might go to Sainsbury's because I live for pleasure alone and it's my birthday. But some idiot had locked the gate

After a few attempts I couldn't unlock it, so I came back in and waited about half-an-hour, then went down figuring I could at least check the car's tyre pressures and leave the carrier bags in the boot. But the gate was open again, so off I went.

And I must say, doing the shopping around 7pm on a Thursday seems to be a good idea. Hardly anybody there, so in and out quite quickly

Sadly, they've stopped doing whole shoulders of lamb, so I had to make do with a blade half; there'll be less soup or scouse off it, but then again, at least it'll fit in the freezer

And all the Big Chickens had very short dates on them, so I left them for now. I need to get through more of the reserves anyway.

The new Viz is out.

And best of all, the ambling around the shop plus carrying the shopping in was enough to top my green ring up, the walk to the hairdressers not having been enough to fill it, so the extra walk I was planning is now unnecessary

Oh, and I remembered to get myself a cake - TTD coffee and walnut

Better get dinner on now

Comment

Watched some Trucking Hell.

No trundling this evening as it was all collected on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Having done with work, I popped out the back, thinking I might go to Sainsbury's because I live for pleasure alone and it's my birthday. But some idiot had locked the gate

After a few attempts I couldn't unlock it, so I came back in and waited about half-an-hour, then went down figuring I could at least check the car's tyre pressures and leave the carrier bags in the boot. But the gate was open again, so off I went.
            Sounds like you need a more robust sticker!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Sounds like you need a more robust sticker!
              That was already gone by the time I went down to check the gate the next morning, at around ten o'clock

Tea, sponsored by Trucking Hell, has been a roast beef dinner; just a small roasting joint, enough for a proper dinner and then a couple of lunchtime sandwiches off the leftovers. Very nice, it was

I'm a bit full for cake yet, so I'll have that later

And the recycling bin has been trundled. No room in there for my recycling, so I must remember to get it back tomorrow and take my stuff down straight away. But I probably won't be that organised

Now, although these days I usually stay off the booze when I've got work in the morning, I think I shall treat myself to a beer or two; and if the work suffers, let it suffer as it'll be Friday anyway, when nobody expects too much

Comment

I recently obtained the new HD 4:3 remaster of Babylon 5, tonight I went back to the start with S1E1 Midnight on the Firing Line (TV Episode 1994). It's much more enjoyable to watch with decent picture quality

Just the one beer had, as I still need to get up in the morning. And I've remembered that tomorrow is full of meetings, so that'll be fun

Goodnight all

Comment

Been up for three and a half hours now.

Temperature 5 °C
                  Relative humidity 68%
                  Pressure 988 hPa

Expected high of 19°C

Watched B5 when it first came out - Sunday evening C4, IIRC. I got the DVDs and we watched it as a family. Fun stuff.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning denizens

Another chilly night-sunny start combo, with the sun now clearing the last lingering frost from the roofs in the back as it gets over the houses

Currently up to 6°C and climbing rapidly, heading for 17° this afternoon; barometers reading 1019/1027mB, so still rising a bit

Comment

Morning all

Another one of those blue sky sunny mornings with a nip to the air to remind you it's not yet summer. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 6) with an expected high of 16 later. No rain on the horizon (or in the forecast). Barometer up to 1028 mBar.

All windows opened, and the tar smell continues to waft about.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                      The world's first malaria vaccine for children begins in Malawi by the World Health Organisation 2019

Now that doesn't read like a proper sentence to me. Surely the word 'programme' after 'vaccine' would make more sense?

Comment

Working...
                      X