• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

Always quite liked the smell of tar.
    Ugh. No. Not to my liking.

I do, however, like the smell of paint thinners. It reminds me of my Dad from when he worked in paint spraying establishments while I was a kid. I also like the smell of tobacco before it gets lit. Once on fire it's disgusting.

Comment

No TV so far this evening as I've been listening to various things on BBC Sounds that I subscribe to.

Comment

Tea has been Southern not-fried chicken and chips with ketchup, accompanied by the inevitable Trucking Hell

Couple of drumsticks left over for lunch tomorrow too

Comment

So it begins: happy birthday to me!

Normally I don't work on my birthday, but it's not as if there's anything else to do under the current circumstances, so I might as well rake in the money; ergo, it's earlyish night time now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

I awoke early because I needed a piss and, once awake, figured I probably wouldn't get back to sleep until it was time to get up anyway

Chilly start at 0°C with frost on the usual roofs out the back; but the sun's up now and it's already climbed to 1° on its way to a high of 14°; barometers at 1017/1025mB, which is up a little I think

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky and sunny again. Chilly out but 8 degrees. Expected to reach 13 later. Barometer up to 1026 mBar.

Slept very heavily last night and am a bit dozy this morning. Much sneezing this morning. Antihistamine taken.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              'Earth Day' is first celebrated in the United States 1970

Oddly the diary makes no mention of it being Nick's birthday. I shall write to inform them for next year's edition.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Cooler in here at 16.2 deg.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Polleny.

1024 mBar, 30.24 in Hg, 54% RH.

Thursday.

<hiatus>

Walk unwalked.

Freecell score 100% (of 7), running average 84% (83.7 something).

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, 2 x bramble jelly sandwiches on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 ppints of good Glengettie tea.

Thankfully enough, not going out seems to be controlling the symptoms at the moment.

Reminds me of my long gone youth when going out in late June & early July was A Bad Idea.

Ho hum.

Though the old piriton antihistamines used to cause really good sleep, off to the land of nod as soon as head hit pillow.

Which made a pleasant change.

On the haircut front, my last haircut was sometime in February last year.

Afternoon entertainment: "Discovering Joan Crawford" on Sky Arts.

Engineering Mistakes, which included the sinkhole in Ripon, though quite how that constitutes an Engineering Mistake escapes me.

Maybe it's the lack of foundations in the 120 year old houses that nearly fell down it.

Fecking Jerry builders.

Trucking Hell S1 E4 wherein Rory made a 3 second appearance as he was clocking off.

I'd seen the Traffic Cops thing several times so skipped that.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, remarkably fiery after 3 weeks in the freezer, the last of the tinned mango, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: part of a thing on Sky Arts about Ed Harris.

A Police Interceptors I hadn't seen before.

Trucking Hell S3 E3 at 21:00 on Paramount, which failed to feature Rory but did feature a couple of chaps extracting a Corsa from a canal in Loughborough, and a chap from Lantern extracted an artic from a farm track that his sat nav had directed him along, plus the artic full of bog roll that had fallen over and took 6 hours to clear.

Now: a thing about Clough Williams-Ellis and Port Meirion on S4C, which, being on S4C is Yng Nghymraeg.

They haven't mentioned The Prisoner yet.

<hiatus>

Well they have now.

Barely.

'Tis a glorious day out there as I detected when I refilled the bird feeders.

Apart from the pollen of course.

I've done 20 treks up & down the staircase to keep the blood flowing a bit since the walk is out of the question until it rains a bit.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 April 2021, 21:29.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Miss V3's club was cancelled earlier in the week because the teacher hadn't turned up, so another early morning (by NF & my standards) taking to her club, lets hope this tires her out so we can get her to bed tonight.

Last night was rowing for Miss V2 and food was sirloin steak with mash and garlic mushrooms.

Breakfast was Kedgerotto (with added barley but traditional haddock not avant garde fish from Indo China) totally delicious.

Lunch will be soup.

Thanks to a freezer malfunction I have steak again tonight, I am not complaining!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Postal duties required me to go outside before midday so a visit to two post boxes was done followed by a walk up to and along the high street in the sunshine. Warm in the sun, and once you get moving, but chilly in the shade.

I didn't stop to buy any luncheon as I didn't know what I was in the mood for. Currently eating a couple of toffees while I think about it.

Comment

Haircut done!

For the duration of the current situation, me getting a haircut has been followed almost immediately by a lockdown, every time including the first lockdown a year ago March. So enjoy going outside while it lasts

Comment

Working...
                      X