• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Bright out with high wispy cloud. Dry. Currently 7 degrees ('feels like' 3) and that's as high as it's going to get. Slight chance of rain mid morning but otherwise all clear. Barometer down to 1015 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is :
    Isaac Quintard patents apple cider 1806

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      And finally some more stuff that doesn't get the recognition it deserves, to wit, The Shield S2E10 Coyotes (TV Episode 2003). Nobody ever wins in this show, but it's utterly appalling how badly everybody loses. That's what makes it such a great show
      My parents had been enjoying this but were dismayed to discover that whatever channel they were viewing it on stopped a couple of episodes into season 4. I will probably have to download the rest for them and then go through the pain of giving instructions on how to watch off a usb stick.
      Last edited by ladymuck; 5 April 2021, 09:43.

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Drizzly.

Damp.

Cold. 17 deg in here.

Sunless.

1019 mBar, 30.1 in Hg, 55% RH.

Monday.

The telex machine is glowing in the darkness.

<hiatus>

The sun came out, the rain stopped for a while and the walk got walked.

Cold.

Windy.

Rained as I got to the viewlesspoint so I sat on the seat in the folly and put the umbrella up.

The "never pass up a free screw in the road" effect turned up three split pins this morning.

Not many people about.

They must be scared of the weather.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on crust of Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

There was a gale howling down the chimney so I had to go upstairs & close all the windows.

Sun's out.

Hayfever rampant.

Oh woe is me <sneeze> <cough> <sneeze>

During the walk I was passed by an oil burning car & spent the next 10 minutes coughing & attempting to avoid choking to death.

Afternoon entertainment for elderly retired : "Engineering Disasters" on Forces TV: first disaster: the impression I had that it started at 14:00 rather than 13:00.

Ho hum.

The remaining hour & a half was inneresting in parts, particularly the bit about flutter in a Lockheed Electra turboprop that made the wings fall off, but not in a good way.

https://www.nasa.gov/topics/history/.../rn_tdt50.html

All to do with unexpected resonances.

<hiatus>

Some minor potching in the garage, during which I lost a glove, had a hissy fit, took half an hour to find it underneath something it couldn't possibly have gone underneath, stopped the garage drain pipe tapping on the wall in the wind thusly making the hissy fit even hissier.

Tea: the last of the roast chicken, bacon & sausage from yesterday, with carrots & onions, which was very nice & much nicer than yesterday's dark brown gravy (), some tinned peaches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: some of a Traffic Cops that I'd not seen before & some of the subsequent one that I had.

More of the Jodie Foster commentary on "Contact".

NCIS S16 E11 "Toil and Troube". Pretty meh really.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 April 2021, 22:06.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just noticed some very fine flakes of snow. I was expecting rain but there you go.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny out, with just a couple of very small bits of white fluffiness hither and yon

Not very warm though; a mere 6°C with a chilly breeze that's giving a "feels like" of 1°

The barometers claim 1009/1017mB, and there's no snow forecast hereabouts.

Comment

Kwik Fit visit done. Battery is apparently healthy but needs charging. Alternator running at 14v so potentially could cause an issue if that persists once the battery is fully charged.

All this test driving meant I had to fill the car up, I think I last did that in July.

Parentals visit on Wednesday should charge things up nicely and, like exercising and eating healthily, I know that I ought to regularly go for a drive to keep it ship shape.

Beautiful day out. Chilly if you're in the shade / caught in the breeze but the sun is very warm if not.

Comment

Scotch broth and wholemeal bread for lunch

Comment

Links are finally up

Comment

Drinking Venetian spritzes (60 ml Select Aperitivo, 90 ml prosecco, 30 ml sofa water, in a large wine glass with ice, quick stir to mix) because even though it's a drink for a hot summer's day and it's a bit parky out, it's a light and delicious drink.

HWMBO is "testing" playstation remote and I hope he remembers to stop in time to cook my dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Drinking Venetian spritzes (60 ml Select Aperitivo, 90 ml prosecco, 30 ml sofa water, in a large wine glass with ice, quick stir to mix) because even though it's a drink for a hot summer's day and it's a bit parky out, it's a light and delicious drink.

HWMBO is "testing" playstation remote and I hope he remembers to stop in time to cook my dinner.
                      how many have you had??

Comment

Working...
                      X