• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody clientCo supplied laptop has decided it no longer has bluetooth capabilities. Did three meetings just fine this morning but this afternoon? Nada. The annoying thing is that I know I have a USB hub somewhere (I was going to give it to the parentals as I rarely use it) but I can't find the jeffing thing. It's not in my bag of bits that I keep with my laptop so I'm both confused and annoyed. Fortunately, the meeting I had to miss was one that's very pointless and I never contribute to.

Comment

Behind me is a nuclear bunker. Naturally.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Behind me is a nuclear bunker. Naturally.
        Full of Nazi gold and stolen paintings, I hope?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Full of Nazi gold and stolen paintings, I hope?
          Oh no. I used that to pay off the ZOG.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Wasn't in the mood for any telly other than a bit of Police Interceptors whilst dining

Even earlier night now - I'll start getting up at a "decent" time any day now!

Goodnight all
            Zen Chury Om. 342200.

Me: "We could do XYZ, I think that would be useful and should be very straightforward "

Them: "That sounds great, do you want to get started on that?"

Me:

Now digging up a book I have somewhere that explains how to do XYZ
            Zen Chury Om. 299800.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 March 2021, 16:20.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

They've realised that their projected timescales were a bit on the optimistic side, so now it looks like we might have to switch from the aspect of the project we've been concentrating on this week to something else entirely. Fine by me; they tell me what they want, I'll try and build it for them

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Nice sunset this evening

And the sight of people putting forth their rubbish reminded me that it's bin day tomorrow, so I carted down my recycling and trundled forth the orange bin. No empty equivalent was available, so I'll have to tear myself away from Teams at some point tomorrow to pop out there and grab one for the reverse trundle.

Weird that tomorrow will be a week since I started this gig; the whole thing happened in such a rush that I still haven't quite got my head round it yet

Comment

OK, we should all be on the same thread numbering now

And you can't try to reply to closed threads, only to get knocked back, either

This should be #342228, for reference.

Comment

OK, we should all be on the same thread numbering now

And you can't try to reply to closed threads, only to get knocked back, either

This should be #342228, for reference.
                    I concur, that was 342228.

Thanks NF, that's a very important function restored!

Comment

Ah, yes, trundling. I ought to do some of my own. Or wait for Tuesday's collection...

Two collections a week does make one lazy

Comment

Working...
                      X