• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Turns out getting to sleep earlier means you can wake up earlier! Amazing stuff

It was a sunny start but it's now clouded over somewhat to the east, though still blue skies to the west. The open skies overnight have made for a mildly chilly start, currently up to 7°C but warming up as it gets cloudier, with a goal of 13° by the time it brightens up again this afternoon

Barometer 1007/1015mB.

Comment

Despite talk yesterday of it having been "partially refloated" (what's that supposed to mean?), I see the Big Ship is still in the same spot

Comment

Morning all

I almost thought I'd overslept when I saw NF was up!

Dry, blue sky with fluffy bits. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 6) with a high of 13 later. Rain expected over lunchtime and overnight. Sunshine may reappear inbetween. Barometer down to 1019 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        Robert the Bruce is crowned King of Scotland 1306

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I almost thought I'd overslept when I saw NF was up!
          It does tend to confuse people

Toast has been eaten

Early toast today as the morning meeting is going to segue into an even longer planning meeting

Comment

Morning.

Damp.

No current precipitation.

Grey.

White sky.

Wanly sunny.

Warmer at 17.5 deg in here.

1027 1017 mBar, 30.03 inHg, 55%RH.

Thursday judging by the racket the refuse disposal engineers made earlier.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Over by 'ere it was sunny but over by there it was dark with brooding clouds so I took the umbrella with me.

It worked.

No rain.

The refuse recycling engineers have just made off with my valuable contribution to the good of the planet.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 100% (of 5), running average 84% (83. something).

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Some slighting potching undertaken, painted some larch lap with the last dregs of the Ducksback wood treatment stuff.

Raked some moss.

Chopped up more brambles.

There are always more brambles to chop up.

It's gone grey now with a freshening breeze, plus it's getting colder.

<hiatus>

The thorn in my finger from yesterday's potching has managed to foment sufficiently to allow me to squeeze it out.

Duly plastered up following the appliation of TCP, alcohol, and some other antiseptic.

You can't be too careful. <- Oh Dear(tm) the alcohol just caught fire & cauterised the wound.

Tea: chilli con carne (not as fiery as last week's portion) with rice, the last of the tinned peaches, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Road Wars on Pick, that down market sky version of Traffic Cops (both eps of which I've seen before or I'd be watching that instead).

Thing on Sky Arts about Whoopi Goldberg.

Thing on Sky Arts about David Lean.

Winter Road Rescue on Paramount.

Thing on Sky Arts about Westerns.

In other news, it's pissing down.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 March 2021, 20:42.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Yesterday I discovered one of my trusty waterproof walking coats had a ripped arm so is falling apart.

I have therefore had to order a replacement.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Me: "Right, let's get started on Important Thing!"

*3 seconds later*

BONG! "Are you guys OK to have a meeting in five minutes to talk about the stuff we didn't get around to in the meeting that ended five minutes ago? "

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Me: "Right, let's get started on Important Thing!"

*3 seconds later*

BONG! "Are you guys OK to have a meeting in five minutes to talk about the stuff we didn't get around to in the meeting that ended five minutes ago? "

yep meetings about meetings.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

yep meetings about meetings.
                    The best place I worked for that was English Heritage. I only lasted three months in a permie role there.

Comment

Beautiful sunny day today - high of 16°C. Saw foot doctor for the first time in the morning to treat a verucca that's just started growing on my big toe. She didn't like the look of the burn I got on my hand last week, so she treated that as well.

Lovely walk back into town along the Rhine river.

Homemade grilled bacon and cheese wrap, with a handful of rocket for lunch. Evening will be lamb stew. Need to start cooking it shortly.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X