• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well went to collect miss v2 from work, so waiting outside and a bunch of bobbies had been for burger & chips.

I pull up to collect her, as we had been watching story bots (well worth a watch if you have kids) I didn't have time to make a coffee so I grabbed a pint of iron Bru extra (2 for a £1) , sitting there reading some sad BCS book the copper comes up to me and asks me what I am drinking.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      well went to collect miss v2 from work, so waiting outside and a bunch of bobbies had been for burger & chips.

I pull up to collect her, as we had been watching story bots (well worth a watch if you have kids) I didn't have time to make a coffee so I grabbed a pint of iron Bru extra (2 for a £1) , sitting there reading some sad BCS book the copper comes up to me and asks me what I am drinking.
      I hope you kicked off Road Wars style, got thrown to the ground and cuffed, then received an apology and a replacement Irn-Bru once they realised they'd ****ed up and it was all on your dashcam

First on the black mirror here tonight was the minor motion picture premiere of 21 Bridges (2019), an Amazon Prime cop-chasing-cop-killers thing. It's fairly average of its kind, with the usual clichés ("Take the shot!") but harmless enough, I suppose

And as a little more pizzaz was needed, I turned to a rewatch of Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015). Now that's more like it

Though now, the scene in the concourse of Excel London (disguised via CGI as a mainline train station) that I know so well from attending the AWS Summit just reminds me that the farther end thereof is (was?) the London Nightingale Hospital

Finally, more from The Shield: S2E2 Dead Soldiers (TV Episode 2003) which culminates in a scene that one would consider horrific if one hadn't already seen that episode of Spooks where that woman's face is shoved into a deep fat fryer. Once again, the BBC leads the world

Getting to the point where the birds are starting up as I go to bed. I should probably go to bed earlier

Goodnight all

Comment

^^^ Thanks for reminding me of that.

IIRC she didn't make it out of S1E1.

And the birds woke me up this morning with their infernal singing.

More peculiar dreams.

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly. 16.8 deg in here.

1032 mBar, 30.47 inHg, 54% RH.

Saturday judging by the crap coming out of the wireless.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

In other news nearly got run over by a tractor carrying two bales of silage, I was pressing myself against the hedge bank to give it room.

In other other news: the res is being drained again, or at least someone has opened a valve & it's about 18" lower than it was yesterday.

Heard the woodpecker again.

Lunch: Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli, plus Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on crust of same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

During all of which "Moneybox" managed to cover IR35 and withheld holiday pay by umbrella companies.

Freecell score: 100% (of 4), running average 84%.

Finished the Welchman book as stated elsewhere.

Entertainment: the sky version of traffic cops on Pick+1.

Tea: penultimate portion of the not so fiery bol with spag, the rest of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Angels One Five (1952)" with Jack Hawkins, Michael Denison, John Gregson, et al.

Only watched 20 minutes of it since I wanted my tea.

"Queen: Live in Budapest (1986)", "who wants to live forever?"

"Call Northside 777 (1948)" with Jimmy Stewart and Lee J Cobb and Richard Conte.

Despite the date, it's not noir.

Inneresting enough in its way if you like getting a look at the time when the Lie Detector and the photofax machines were state of the art.

The lie detector was a big feck off box thing with the usual pen recorders, while the photofax machine used photographic paper at the receiving end which had to be developed in the usual way.

"Aircrash Confidential" on Dmax+1: which planes fly into each other: one reason: translating from aviation English into Russian while converting from feet to metres.

737 vs private jet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gol_Li...w%20on%20board.

ATC put both planes at the same altitude.

TFBSZ
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 March 2021, 22:56.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dry but overcast. Quite bright though. Currently 8 degrees and it'll get up to 10 later. The cloud will remain but it's unlikely to rain. Barometer up to 1030 mBar.

Had a rather rubbish night's sleep. Was awake a lot, probably because there was lots of noise from what I assume was a party going on. On the to-do list today is a walk up to the high street to get some bread, clothes washing, maybe a bit of cleaning (the dust is annoying me and the floor could do with some attention from the vacuum cleaner).

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          First successful nonstop circumnavigation of the world by hot air balloon 1999
          Last edited by ladymuck; 20 March 2021, 11:09.

Comment

Apparently spring begins today.

Comment

Smalls in the WM

<washy washing>

Smalls out of the WM and hung up
              Jumpers and dresses in the WM

<more washy washing>

Jumpers and dresses out of the WM and hung up
              Last edited by ladymuck; 20 March 2021, 15:04.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Another grey but dry day, currently 9°C and about to soar to 11°, 1021/1029mB

Interior temperatures are 18.7° in the bedroom and 19.3° in the living room, and it seems to be pretty windless out, so I decided it's warm enough that for the first time this year I've opened windows throughout the flat to give the place a bit of an airing

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  ^^^ Thanks for reminding me of that.

IIRC she didn't make it out of S1E1.
                  E2 it seems: Looking After Our Own - Wikipedia

Comment

Listening to this rather interesting tale.

How did this diver cheat death?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Listening to this rather interesting tale.

How did this diver cheat death?
                      It was a very interesting listen, the news break in the middle was a bit annoying. There's a documentary film available too:

https://dogwoof.com/lastbreath

Comment

Working...
                      X