• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I am expecting too much but it seems anything on this project vaguely associated with data is now in a huge toilet shaped bowl called "data mapping". Apparently that is IT's problem.

It is also apparently "only a bit larger (maybe 10 times the data)" than the last project we did which was about transferring a years worth of data from 7% of our customers from one system to another, not a migration of everything in multiple systems from all time.

Then it was we should ask the business which security roles they want as if they will have a clue.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The new gig is confirmed, but the end client is an Office of State, so I'm having to provide all kinds of ridiculous details
      That's no moon!

It's a trap!
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Then it was we should ask the business which security roles they want as if they will have a clue.
        Full Admin rights, all round, and don't skimp on the chips

Comment

That forecast rain has turned up.

The remains of the tomato and basil soup for lunch.

Comment

Bowl of chicken and barley soup with wholemeal bread for lunch; it's turned out very tasty

Comment

Jab Jabbed. So far no untoward effects, although MrsB has a sore arm for no apparent reason and apparently it's my fault.
              ​​​​​​​
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Full Admin rights, all round, and don't skimp on the chips
                That is what they have now. At least I have mails pointing out that I don't want to spend a night with Bubba so they should fix it. Given them the tools to do so.

GDPR what's that?

I remember SOX when it landed so much screaming!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Was MrsB also jabbed?

In other news I hate reading legalisation to interpret whether something is or isn't dodgy...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The forecast cessation of rain has occurred and the sun is now shining

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      Jab Jabbed. So far no untoward effects, although MrsB has a sore arm for no apparent reason and apparently it's my fault.

Comment

Working...
                      X