• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I am going to take a wild guess at NoCookie
    And you would be right - I do find it surprising that everyone else got it wrong as it seems obvious to me (and to LM)
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I am going to take a wild guess at NoCookie
      Correct!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Correct!

You jest, surely.

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

And you would be right - I do find it surprising that everyone else got it wrong as it seems obvious to me (and to LM)
          Indeed - my thought process was that I'd encountered FieldError in the past, though I couldn't remember exactly what had triggered it; there are definitely some middleware-related exceptions and MiddlewareNotUsed sounded like it might well come from a system check that's run under certain circumstances; SuspiciousOperation I was sure I remembered, it having something to do with security checks on HTTP requests; and so NoCookie was the most likely. The lack of a cookie will trigger an error under certain circumstances (related to preventing cross-site request forgery) but there isn't an exception class named for that condition

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

And while on said walk, the agent phoned again. It's one of those agency -> client -> client's client consultancy things, and apparently I've got the seal of approval from client, and now it just needs a person at client's client to sign off on it. She doesn't respond in the evenings, so it'll be tomorrow before things are definite, but it's looking good
            Hey we never doubted you !
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You jest, surely.

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket...
              You've clearly got what it takes to answer the interview questions, at any rate

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Hey we never doubted you !
                No need, I'm quite OK at doubting myself

Comment

Ents tonight was setting up some Sonoff Zigbee stuff. A zigbee door sensor, switch, temp/humidity , PIR switch all with change out of £15 or <£10 on banggood. Apart from the PIR which is faulty it all seems to work rather well. If I can get it to behave with Alexa then looks like a lot of my stuff is going Zigbee.

Plus fixing my Ring doorbell it was wired on a 12v ac transformer that blew, got my hands on a new (well junk box survivor) transformer and fitted it, all seems to work.

My Vivofit 2 blew yesterday, a replacement vivofit 4 is on order.

Background was a couple of episodes of S7 - criminal minds.

Food was chicken in a light herby tomato sauce (Mrs Vs recipe which is lovely) , home made cauliflower cheese (John Torode's recipe which was good). A pint of "Proper Job" to wash it down.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Ents this evening was catching up on stuff on BBC Sounds and then UC, OC and The Repair Shop where they're trying to look socially distanced.

Comment

Tonight's first telly thing was the final episode of The Terror, S1E10 We Are Gone (TV Episode 2018). This revealed to me the secret of why this series has a huge approval rating on sites like Rotten Tomatoes and IMDb but I disliked it so much: it's because I already knew the tragic story of the Franklin expedition, but most people rating it will never have heard of it, so they thought they were just watching some kind of fictional ghost story set in the Arctic and rated it accordingly. Or maybe they just don't give a tulip about people dying over a certain time ago. I dunno. Anyway, I watched it all and I didn't like it much. Those people may have died in pursuit of a goal that seems farcical to us, but they were sincere in what they did in the time in which they lived, and they deserve more as a tribute to their sacrifice than this farrago

That bloke they bury in the rocks in the first episode? He was discovered in the 1980s. Perfectly preserved by the cold; the shots of him being buried in this show are almost identical to the photos of him, as exhumed, in reality. If they can get that right, they can do without the bulltulip about a big polar bear ghost There's a fine story there without all that bollocks

So back to The Americans after that: S3E6 Born Again (TV Episode 2015), S3E7 Walter Taffet (TV Episode 2015), S3E8 Divestment (TV Episode 2015), and S3E9 Do Mail Robots Dream of Electric Sheep? (TV Episode 2015)

One thing if I get the automatic fetching of titles for links working again is that a post like this, with five of them, would probably overstretch the server; it's crashed before now when I've posted similar posts at the same time that another process is running the mailing list. I need to find a better way

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X