• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rain has passed and it's brightened up again.

Contemplating what to do about lunch.

Comment

Large sausage roll for lunch

The rest of the batch I baked have been frozen for posterity, or for future lunches, whichever comes first

The soup is still doing its thing. And the car is still being worked on, it appears, as its MOT status hasn't been updated yet

Comment

Advance warning that there'll be some forum downtime this evening. Shouldn't be more than an hour or so, I think; I hope not anyway, as it should only take longer if something goes terribly wrong

And once it's done and assuming all goes well, everything will have moved back to forums.contractoruk.com. I have no idea why, but the powers behind the throne have ordained it thus

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Advance warning that there'll be some forum downtime this evening. Shouldn't be more than an hour or so, I think; I hope not anyway, as it should only take longer if something goes terribly wrong

And once it's done and assuming all goes well, everything will have moved back to forums.contractoruk.com. I have no idea why, but the powers behind the throne have ordained it thus
          Oh... that's gonna cause ructions

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Oh... that's gonna cause ructions
            I know

I've not been given any rationale for this reversion. I assume there's some reason for it

Comment

Car's MOT has just been updated

Just waiting for the phone call and I'll walk up to get it

Comment

Just waiting for the phone call and I'll walk up to get it
                "It'll be ready for you in about half-an-hour" - what are they doing with it? It'll be parked twenty feet outside the testing bay when I get there, and they've already had fifteen minutes to move it that far

Comment

Seems a bit silly to have an online status update and then still have to wait for a summons.

Surely the status shouldn't be set to complete until the car is ready to collect?

Comment

If they had thought this through at all - they could have saved you a pile of work.

You could have written a fancy mod rewrite command running on contractoruk.com/forums and used that to redirect all the old page urls into whatever new fangled format Vbulletin now uses.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Scrambled egg on toast for lunch.

One slice of toast, two eggs.

Had to get a new pack of butter out of the fridge as I didn't realise the dregs in the dish were exactly that.

Comment

Working...
                      X