• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As predicted, the rest of the roast pork was reheated and accompanied by all the concomitants of a roast dinner, and very nice it was

Rain's here now

Comment

Repeat night tonight, starting with The Equalizer 2 (2018). A slower pace than the first, which isn't a bad thing in itself. I think the way this one fails is that the premise of the character (harking back not just to the first film but the original TV series) is that he's supposed to protect those who can't protect themselves; but this is all about him and his CIA friends, and how some of them find themselves outclassed when they fight against each other. There's a token underdog, but he's just furniture from a side plot. So it isn't about equalising at all, it's just a bunch of dodgy Black Ops characters shooting at each other. Needs more underdog

And after that I fancied something about battling giant monsters… and ended up rewatching The Big Short (2015), which is about that and is an excellent film. But unlike the average monster film, the people who beat the monsters are actually small monsters themselves. We can admire them for beating the monsters at their own game, but they only did so because they play the same game and their victory was to become monsters, though not quite as much. "You wanted to be rich; now you're rich." But that's the way of the world, I suppose

And finally S2E2 of The Americans, Cardinal (TV Episode 2014).

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

Wet.

Occasional flake of snow.

Colder at 15.9 deg in here.

1006 mBar, 29.7 inHg, 55% RH.

Saturday.

<hiatus>

Sunday Saturday morning shop done, dusted, washed, dried, put away.

Lunch: Ginsters Vegan Moroccan Pasty, very nice, Heinz Lentil <pffft> soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

It's pissing down.

Very wet.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Damp.

Oh, and the EurofeckingCarfeckingParks thing is back in operation at Morrisons car park just to piss me off more.

Freecell score: 92%, running average 84% (83.6 something%).

Walk walked despite the rather unpleasantly raw weather.

It rained a little, but nothing compared with its enthusiasm earlier.

Tea: spag with more of the fiery batch of bol, the one that's more fiery than the chilli con carne that I made the same afternoon, a pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment, if such it can be classed: bit of NCIS S8ish with Ziva in it.

"Black Sunday (1977)" at 21:00 on Talking Pictures, assuming it stands up to a 2nd viewing.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 February 2021, 19:21.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dry, with signs of damp from overnight rain. Patches of blue sky poking through the cloud. Currently 8 degrees, it may make it up to 9. More rain forecast from mid-afternoon. Barometer down a smidge to 1008 mBar.

Had a lovely lie in and a bit of a listen to the radio before I got up. Finally removed last weekend's washing from the various drying locations! Just in time to fill them up again.

I have no idea what I'm going to do today. I have booked myself in for my ITIL v4 foundation exam at the end of the month so I may have a look at the material (I've only had it a year, and it's on the cusp of expiry...).

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            Researchers from RMIT University at Australia, announce that honeybees are able to add and subtract, understanding the concept of zero 2019

The 'at Australia' doesn't feel right in that sentence but that is what they wrote.

Comment

morning
              dry and bright.
              Saturday?

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out. Currently 4°C, forecast to reach 6° but with accompanying rain, maybe even turning to snow overnight. Pressures: 997/1005mB

Comment

Afternoon!

Day started of with blue skies and now it has gone grey with intermittent rain.

Today's high was 8 degrees but now it is getting colder.

Today's hole activity was just a man in a van moving cones and traffic lights around.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Mundane laundry on

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Mundane laundry on
                      And mundane laundry done, and draped on the clotheshorse

And after that, a walk was reluctantly but briskly walked, and the green ring closed

I'm not sure if it was just the direction I was heading in, but it did seem as if a chilly breeze was starting to get up towards the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X