• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Now I have some PINK STUFF.

I have yet to use it.
    "You'll love it, it's a way of life" - Frank Zappa, The Central Scrutinizer

Comment

Morning Afternoon.

Dry, intermittently drizzly.

Windy.

Getting colder, though it's 16.5 deg in here.

Sunny.

991 mBar, 29.26 inHg, 55% RH.

Saturday.

Sunday shop done a day early due to the snow that allegedly on its way.

Walk walked in the semigale and sunshine.

Glad admin's changed the hamster at last.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Sunday shop done a day early due to the snow that allegedly on its way.

Walk walked in the semigale and sunshine.

Glad admin's changed the hamster at last.
        I've outsourced the shopping to some poor sod who has to drive a Sainsbury's van around in this weather

And they can't even park outside (legally) so they have to unload it onto a thing like a sack truck and trundle it here from the side road

I'm not sure whether I'll go for a walk today. Since New Year I've allowed myself a day or two off from exercise each week, so maybe I'll just not bother.

I know admin has been tweaking some other stuff on the server, so maybe something went wrong with that and affected the forum?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          "You'll love it, it's a way of life" - Frank Zappa, The Central Scrutinizer
          It's way more fun than Mary,
          and cleaner than Lucille.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I've outsourced the shopping to some poor sod who has to drive a Sainsbury's van around in this weather

And they can't even park outside (legally) so they have to unload it onto a thing like a sack truck and trundle it here from the side road

I'm not sure whether I'll go for a walk today. Since New Year I've allowed myself a day or two off from exercise each week, so maybe I'll just not bother.

I know admin has been tweaking some other stuff on the server, so maybe something went wrong with that and affected the forum?
            I drove out to Tesco, but walked down to Morrisons & back.

The stagger up the hill thereafter was, indeed, a bit of a stagger in parts. :

Thankfully I slept reasonably well last night rather than waking up at 05:30 as seems to be my wont of late.

The afternoon may be taken up with fitting the 2nd of the purloined borrowed flu tubes in the tin shed.

Dunno where Strangelove Pater got them, but I suspect they came out of a skip where he last worked.

Certainly the ones in the garage/carport must have since they were proper industrial fittings of considerable weight & size & took a type of flu tube they haven't made for yonks*.

*Tubes with bayonet cap both ends, tricky to replace these days in the unlikely event you wanted to.

<hiatus>

Stewth it's got cold & nasty out there.

Purloined Borrowed flu tube fitted & tested, works ok.

The inside of the tinshed is now nicely bright when they're switched on & glowing so very brightly Roy.

Lunch: a Ginsters Vegan Moroccan pasty, very nice, Heinz cream of tomato soup with a hint of chilli plus Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Late AFternoon Entertainment: TBD, though a bit of a thing about Chernobl and Bhopal got watched.

Tea: spag bol with that fiery bol I made last week which seems to have got rather more fiery in the intervening sojourn in the freezer, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TBD.

There isn't any.

Watched a vaguely boring thing on Sky Arts about drummers.

Changing the cell in my watch was marginally more innereting and definitely more challenging.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 January 2021, 21:16.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I wasn't selected to be on the zoom audience sadly. Good job as recording started at 6.30pm and I only remembered at 7.15pm

It's also a good job it's a long recording! They record way more jokes and chat than they need and then there's links and intros that have to be rerecorded at the end so it takes just under 3 hours to do the whole lot. It was the same when I saw it years ago in the studios at Waterloo.

It's well worth putting your down on the BBC shows list as it's been fun watching radio shows like Just a Minute, The Kitchen Cabinet, and The Infinite Monkey Cage too.
              I'm on the list but I don't bothered to apply anymore as most of the things I wanted to see BC were at the opposite end of the Home Counties bordering London to where I am.

(Anyway you were suppose to lie and say you were some good looking person in the audience.)
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Can't believe everyone's Saturday "fun" trips out are going to supermarkets....

I think I need to get myself to Boots...
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I'm on the list but I don't bothered to apply anymore as most of the things I wanted to see BC were at the opposite end of the Home Counties bordering London to where I am.

(Anyway you were suppose to lie and say you were some good looking person in the audience.)
                  It's all on zoom now so much easier to attend if you're picked from the ballot. No need to trek across / into town hours early to queue up because they always oversubscribed in case of no-shows.

Did you see the audience? There wasn't anyone there I'd claim to be

Comment

Late lunch: a toasted teacake with lashings of butter

Bit chilly in here; 15°C about half-an-hour ago when I realised how cold it was and put the fire on, up two degrees already. Should be nice and warm by five o'clock

Comment

You've just reminded me that I had some hot cross buns delivered earlier. Time to toast one (or two, they are mini sized) methinks.

It would seem that Ocado deliver HCBs all year round nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                      X