• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    And then you need to find a second carpet
    When I think of all those handy carpets I took down the dump empty. <shakes head in disbelief>
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      When I think of all those handy carpets I took down the dump empty. <shakes head in disbelief>
      Can you think of any likely candidates for rolling up in said carpets? Maybe some bloke from Carmarthen...

Comment

It's always the way. You hang onto something for years "just in case" then the week after you get rid of it, you need it.

Comment

Think I've got some bits from my old Morris Minor in my shed. May come in handy.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Walk walked, considerably more briskly than yesterday now the pavements are no longer covered in slush-capped ice; green ring closed

I tried walking the reverse of one of my usual routes today, going round a nearby neighbourhood anticlockwise instead of clockwise. I suspected that this might reduce the "elevation gain" as the other way feels a bit more uphill. But it turns out the slightly gentler but longer uphill stretch at one point on today's route balances the shorter but more steeply inclined stretch going the other way, and they seem to come out roughly the same.

It's only about 110 feet anyway, so hardly the Brecon Beacons

Comment

I finally unpacked and assembled the fancy Vax carpet cleaner I bought, I dunno, three or four years ago. The recycling bin only had a couple of bags in it, but the cleaner's box and internal papier mâché packaging filled it to the brim, so that has been trundled. And there was a decent one out on the side road still empty from last week, so that has been brought in, saving me bothering about any further trundling this week unless somebody manages to fill it between now and Friday morning

Suppose I'd better work out how to use the thing now…

Comment

It's only about 110 feet anyway, so hardly the Brecon Beacons
                Keep an eye out for the SAS snipers.

I finally unpacked and assembled the fancy Vax carpet cleaner I bought, I dunno, three or four years ago. The recycling bin only had a couple of bags in it, but the cleaner's box and internal papier mâché packaging filled it to the brim, so that has been trundled. And there was a decent one out on the side road still empty from last week, so that has been brought in, saving me bothering about any further trundling this week unless somebody manages to fill it between now and Friday morning

Suppose I'd better work out how to use the thing now…
                Is it a vacuum cleaner or carpet washer?

If the latter, why did you buy it?

I finally packed washer back in the box after never using it in 10 years, or even having plugged it in, the cat having departed thusly making it more or less redundant.

If I washed the carpets in here they'd fall to bits since I inherited them.

It would have been a good idea to have replaced them with the carpets from next door rather than chopping those up & taking them down to the dump.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Is it a vacuum cleaner or carpet washer?

If the latter, why did you buy it?

I finally packed washer back in the box after never using it in 10 years, or even having plugged it in, the cat having departed thusly making it more or less redundant.

If I washed the carpets in here they'd fall to bits since I inherited them.

It would have been a good idea to have replaced them with the carpets from next door rather than chopping those up & taking them down to the dump.
                  Carpet washer, purchased because the light grey carpet in here (which was new when I moved in) has gone a rather nasty-looking dark grey in many areas, specifically, where I move around

I figure giving it a clean can't do it any harm.

Comment

I used to have a Vax. Never found much use for it and ended up giving it to a friend who had kids and pets causing a mess.

It appears to be raining.

Watched Secrets of Cinema with Mark Kermode. This time about cult classics.

Not in the mood for much more tellybox so I may find a book to read.

Comment

Just tried the Vax in the tiny little space I call a hall. I remembered to take before and after photos as well. Conclusion: it's either removed a fair bit of muck, or it's distributed it more evenly. I think there's probably some improvement, though I suppose I'll have to wait for it to dry out properly to get a proper comparison.

And there are various patches which probably need the pretreatment approach, or something like that. Still, so far it seems like it might make things a bit better, though I suspect everywhere will need more than one or two goes to even approximate to its former glory

It's hard to tell if it's loud or not; no louder than a vacuum, I think. Probably best to restrict its use to daytime out of compassion for the neighbours.

Comment

Working...
                      X