• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found the recipe I was looking for

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tea has been ribs and chips, with an experimental new BBQ sauce recipe involving mango chutney. Verdict: extremely nice

Quick version of the recipe: finely chopped a medium onion, and fried it in a goodly amount of olive oil in a saucepan over a low heat for twenty-odd minutes. Towards the end of that time, chucked in a finely-chopped clove of garlic (a big one). Then added a couple of dessert spoonfuls of brown sugar, two or three of cider vinegar, one or two of Dijon mustard, and three or four or maybe five of mango chutney. Good-sized dash or two of Worcester, naturally. Splash of water. Simmered for a while as the ribs, which had been cooking under foil for about three hours at gas mark 2, came up to gas mark 5. Poured the sauce over, and back in the oven (foil off) with occasional basting for about forty-five minutes, so it had reduced loads and caramelised all over the ribs. Sorted

That’s enough for half a dozen decent-sized ribs making two portions, so scale as needed if making more.

Comment

Stressed out because the landlord has managed to get some grant for putting central heating in the flat. A surveyor's coming on Thursday to work out the details. As it will presumably involve taking up floorboards and so on, it's probably going to be a complete nightmare to shift all the boxes of junk that will inevitably be in the way, then shift them back again because the only place to shift them to is in front of the fire, then shift them yet again for the installation
      Ermm. I'm sure that you could buy your own Gaff, and half of Leicester? Plus, The Last Spitfire
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        Ermm. I'm sure that you could buy your own Gaff, and half of Leicester? Plus, The Last Spitfire
        Nope

Comment

There's a village for sale in Wales at the moment.

A snip at £1M2, reduced by 300k.

Fully tenanted.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

This evening we have been watching The Personal History of David Copperfield (2019) - IMDb - very entertaining stuff

Comment

Stressed out because the landlord has managed to get some grant for putting central heating in the flat. A surveyor's coming on Thursday to work out the details. As it will presumably involve taking up floorboards and so on, it's probably going to be a complete nightmare to shift all the boxes of junk that will inevitably be in the way, then shift them back again because the only place to shift them to is in front of the fire, then shift them yet again for the installation
              To the tip?
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                To the tip?
                Mostly not. This is important junk!

Comment

I'd got twice as many ribs so it took loads longer for the sauce and what-have-you to reduce and bake on properly. But when it finally got there, they'd turned out inordinately well; wonderfully tender and flavoursome

Comment

Couldn't be bothered with much telly tonight; the factory programme about making pencils on Smithsonian, and some police shenanigans whilst dining.

The rain seems to be holding off for the moment but it looks like it'll be back later

Goodnight all

Comment

"Finding Alice" is entertaining. Keeley Hawes unrecognisable, since the last time I saw her on the telly was in "Spooks" (I think?).

Gurnard was good.
                      Frîtes were fine.
                      Wine is wonderful.
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X