• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I was just thinking there hadn't been a Freecell score update in a while.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

No Freecell was played today, though yesterday's attempt was 100%, the day before's was 100%, and the day before that was also 100%.

The running average remains at 84% (83.6 something).

The score on this box is a miserable 71% since it counts every attempt, including those after you've failed the first time.
    And my wish has been granted.

Next time I'll try for winning lottery numbers.

Comment

I guess it's only right and proper to drivel for a little while

Comment

I did forget to mention earlier that I'm on a short week this week. Thursday and Friday off

Comment

Hazzah!

Comment

Bloody car insurance told me they hadn't been able to take my money and were going to charge me a £30 late fee. It turns out their computer refuses to use a debit card that expires the same month as the payment, even though every card I've ever seen expires at the end of the month

Anyway, the new card came in the post today so I just phoned them. Got through straight away to a very nice Scottish lady who agreed it was stupid, got rid of the late fee, and let me put in the new card details

Oh, and we both had a good old whinge about Virgin Media putting their prices up, which somehow came into the conversation

Very annoying though. Whoever specified that apparently hasn't looked at their own cards where it clearly says "Expires end" before the end date

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I figured I'd get it out of the way before Storm Zarg The Merciless (or whatever it's called this time) moves in and rains continuously on us for the foreseeable future

Couple of miles exactly, it seems; though I notice I got an extra hundredth of a mile for moving from the bathroom where I washed my hands to the armchair in the living room

And an average pace of sixteen minutes per mile.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Bloody car insurance told me they hadn't been able to take my money and were going to charge me a £30 late fee. It turns out their computer refuses to use a debit card that expires the same month as the payment, even though every card I've ever seen expires at the end of the month

Anyway, the new card came in the post today so I just phoned them. Got through straight away to a very nice Scottish lady who agreed it was stupid, got rid of the late fee, and let me put in the new card details

Oh, and we both had a good old whinge about Virgin Media putting their prices up, which somehow came into the conversation

Very annoying though. Whoever specified that apparently hasn't looked at their own cards where it clearly says "Expires end" before the end date
                Which is odd as one car insurance company managed to take payment off a card of mine that had expired six months prior to the policy renewal...

Comment

Well. Having been referred for a scan at about 1045 this morning, I received a call from Chelsea and Westminster hospital at 1745 asking if I could pop in tomorrow morning for said procedure.

I have to drink a litre of water 45 mins before the appointment and it's a 25 minute walk; that will nicely jiggle it about. I bloody hope the toilets are going to be open

One thing I did spot whilst in the waiting room this morning was a notice that RBKC has the lowest MMR vaccine uptake in London and could parents please consider getting their children jabbed.

Comment

Which is odd as one car insurance company managed to take payment off a card of mine that had expired six months prior to the policy renewal...
                    It is odd. I assured her the old card was still valid as I was still using it (I hadn't even opened the envelope with the new one yet and wasn't absolutely certain that was what it was) so she tried to get the computer to use it, but it came back with some error ("Could not retrieve a valid token" I think it was). So luckily, when I opened the post, the new card was indeed here and I was able to use that. All very strange.

She said she thought it was in case a card expired mid-month. I said that I'd never heard of a card that expired other than at the end of the month, which is why the same computer only asks for month and date, and she agreed it was weird, but after all it's not her fault; and when I said I didn't think I should pay a late fee as it wasn't my fault their systems were wrong, she agreed straight away to that too. So all's well that ends well

Comment

Well. Having been referred for a scan at about 1045 this morning, I received a call from Chelsea and Westminster hospital at 1745 asking if I could pop in tomorrow morning for said procedure.

I have to drink a litre of water 45 mins before the appointment and it's a 25 minute walk; that will nicely jiggle it about. I bloody hope the toilets are going to be open

One thing I did spot whilst in the waiting room this morning was a notice that RBKC has the lowest MMR vaccine uptake in London and could parents please consider getting their children jabbed.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                      X