• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had soup too. baxters 'hearty' spicy green lentil daal.
    and earl grey tea.

WTFH to WTFH??

itth a mythtery, toya.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      WTFH to WTFH??

itth a mythtery, toya.
      Last tweeted three days ago. Maybe he needed a mental health break from policing the incessant twaddle in General?

Comment

I thought NATtT did it all.

Comment

I got a cheque from a relative at Christmas (waves at 19th century financial system) so, having failed to get to the bank to pay it in during any of the recent dry weather, it was time for a walk up there in today's continuous drizzle

The bank's only a few minutes' walk up the road, but from there I continued on, up in to town to visit the market. Unlike the supermarkets, whose fresh produce is stuck in Calais waiting for a not-yet-hired HMRC Customs Officer to stamp a form, there seemed to be plenty of fresh fruit and veg, and of much better quality than the meagre pickings Sainsbury's has had since New Year

So I am no longer short of carrots and onions for my forthcoming soup-making endeavours. I didn't visit the bit with the butchers, as I don't have any room in the freezer and won't have for a while to come (see soup-making)

Comment

Oh, and on returning home, I discovered I'd missed an RTC outside; like another recent one, it happened a few feet after the pedestrian crossing, in the outer of the two lanes on this side, so I've no idea how they managed it. A small Audi has gone into the back of a Range Rover, and from the look of it the Audi's a write-off, while the Range Rover just looks like a Range Rover with something stuck under its back bumper

I wasn't very impressed at the way the RPU coppers were standing with what I assume is the family from the Range Rover, blocking the very narrow pavement we have on this side. This means passing pedestrians (including me) have to use the road to get past, stepping into the remaining lane that's now carrying all the traffic. They'd be just as close to the scene of the accident if they stood on the other side where the pavement's four or five times as wide

Comment

Post-walk late lunch: duck & barley soup, with the last bit of multiseed bread

This batch was the first time I've made duck soup, and although it's nice enough, I'm not convinced about the benefits. Next time I roast one, I think I'll just do as I used to and have a couple of roast dinners off it, then use the rest for stir-frying with noodles. Then the carcass can be used to make duck stock for freezing, to use in gravy the time after that

Comment

At great risk to my freedom*, i can report that the addled one has been declared COV19 free.
                Now to recover from the hip replacement, and have a few more years in a nice care home, hopefully.

*posting positively in CUK is frowned upon by all the miserable sods who infest General.

Comment

At great risk to my freedom*, i can report that the addled one has been declared COV19 free.
                  Now to recover from the hip replacement, and have a few more years in a nice care home, hopefully.

*posting positively in CUK is frowned upon by all the miserable sods who infest General.
                  Good news and at least you are no longer responsible for looking after her.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Good news and at least you are no longer responsible for looking after her.
                    I was looking after her daughter while she was carer 24x7.
                    it's her who needs her life back, really.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X