• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    You may all be aware that in September a certain tax adviser had a breakdown. I knew said person well. I have received abusibe PMs from CUK. And abusive posts on other boards.

Of course no one considered that he mighrt actually have left me in the poo - let alone some of my friends.

Four months later I am only just starting getting myself out of said poo.

I will never recommend anything to anyone again. And my fight against HMRC is over.

At least when I was in f4j people tried to help each other. In the fight against HMRC no-one seems concerned about anything other than themself.

Why are contractors such a bunch of selfish f**kers?

One exemption - NLUK. Interesting how his online persona is quite terse - yet he has helped me ENORMOUSLY starting to dig myself out of the poo. A true superstar.
    I suspected you might have been a victim of his.

Personally though I thought you would be capable of getting yourself out of the mess and I could do more good doing things that should stop people getting into such a mess.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Being a retired old fart who never looks in the accounting forum, not heard of that BP. Sympathies. Why people send abusive PMs I have no idea, should be permabanned.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Grey and wet but warmer than yesterday.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start with much dampness after the overnight rain, though a bit of wan sunshine has started to penetrate the clouds within the last few minutes

Barometer is 1004 v. 1012mB, temperature 4°C and forecast to hold steady until late afternoon, but dropping to -1° by mid-evening

Comment

You may all be aware that in September a certain tax adviser had a breakdown. I knew said person well. I have received abusibe PMs from CUK. And abusive posts on other boards.

Of course no one considered that he mighrt actually have left me in the poo - let alone some of my friends.

I will never recommend anything to anyone again. And my fight against HMRC is over.

At least when I was in f4j people tried to help each other. In the fight against HMRC no-one seems concerned about anything other than themself.

One exemption - NLUK. Interesting how his online persona is quite terse - yet he has helped me ENORMOUSLY starting to dig myself out of the poo. A true superstar.
            Sorry to hear you've had such a load of hassle Scourer <- manly

And yes, NLUK is as sound as they come

Comment

Hey Brillo! sorry people are sending abusive private messages, that isn't on. Lets hope the Mods take action.

Taking the mick out of Old Smeg, aTw and the ex pratts is almost required, otherwise they would explode with their own pomposity. But it needs to be done in public and you need to take the flak coming back. Kicking someone when they are down in private just isn't ok.

Plenty of people were taken in by the 'tax schemes' which HMRC chose to let continue despite them quite clearly being dodgy, one of the reasons I still hate the B'liar & B'ruin goverments.

Be assured most people on here are decent and I am pretty sure most actually like you. You are the man who could have waltzed up the hill on L2B but stayed back at a walk to make sure I made it up, that kind of person makes friends not enemies. If you need anything give me a shout.

V
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

@Brillo, I hope it's not horse poo you're in. nasty stuff that.

Comment

Nice scam email from G.O.V. U.K. telling me to click here to claim the £7500 grant I'm entitled to under the third wave of grants

Comment

Bin day is one day later. Must be a Covid outbreak in the refuse company.

Just brought myself a new laptop.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Bin day is one day later. Must be a Covid outbreak in the refuse company.

Just brought myself a new laptop.

Not due to Brexit? Maybe the bin men will refuse your old ham sandwiches?
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X