• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First female officer to lead Division-level Command of the British Army | The British Army

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Cold. 15.1 deg in here.

Somewhat frosty out.

1025 mBar, 30.27 inHg, 53% RH.

Saturday.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the freezing cold and glorious sunshine.

The omission of a midwalk pitstop cut the extra half a mile off said walk.

Four chemtrails spotted, heading west.

<hiatus>

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, yellow corner yog, bramble jelly on same, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Read more book "Never had it so good", only 40 pages to go.

Found some 2.5mm twin & earth for the tinshed electrics, such as they shal be.

3 double sockets for 3 spot lights, the bench grinder, the pillar drill, and the PCB etch machine.

I don't suppose any of it will get much use but it's something to do, and it's more likely to get used if it's set up than it is if it isn't (setup).

Afternoon entertainment: BBC News channel for about 15 minutes then the programme guide for 10 minutes trying unsuccessfully to find something to watch.

Tea: spag bol with that fiery bol I made before Xmas that's festered long enough in the freezer to become almost lethal.

Entertainment: Iron Resurrection on Dmax.

A '73 California Pontiac Firebird that's caught fire.

Plus a 55 pickup with a blown (as in supercharged) small block.

Thing on BBC2 with John Le Carre.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy on BBC2.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 January 2021, 23:34.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Well, my partner's mother, having been moved to a care home, falling out of bed, breaking her hip, having a hip replacement, being moved to another hospital for physio and there contracting CV19 and moving to yet another hospital, has just been placed on a ventilator and moved to yet another hospital.
        I don't think we'll see her again, somehow.
        what a clusterf*ck.

That's crap, hugs for you and your partner

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Put a reminder in my calendar that my driving licence, which expired last July but was automatically extended by eleven months because of pestilence, will expire in June. I assume they'll send a reminder anyway, but just in case they cock it up…
          I never received a reminder for my licence expiry. It was only when I tried to hire a car for a visit to HWMBO that I found out. Good call on making your own diary note.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Okay HWMBO she can be allowed off now. Or at least let her have a laptop so she can post....
            Sorry! Have been poorly of late and yesterday I was extra poorly (but still billing!). Feeling a bit better after a week of feeling like crap. Hopefully that means I'll be back to full drivelling strength soon.

Comment

Finally to my proper morning post.

Morning all

It's dry and sunny out, clear blue sky. It's 1 degree at the moment, will reach 2 on the next hour or so. Little chance of precipitation. Barometer has lept up to 1025 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact:
              Prime Minister William Pitt the Younger introduces income tax to raise funds for the war against Napoleon 1799

Comment

Afternoon.

Visited M&S.

People have stopped sitting on the benches around it.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Bed stripped and linen load #1 is in the WM

Comment

Afternoon

CBS and definitely King Billy in shiny sarf herts.
                    Saturday
                    still recovering from the drive failure.
                    Geez, you just don't know how many passwords you have until you have to recover them.
                    and bloody Google encrypts using MS API which ties to the OS.
                    so you can't just copy the SQL lite file over if you had to reinstall WIN10.
                    Barstewards!

ah, well, nothing better to do anyway.

Comment

Bed linen load #1 is hung up, load #2 in the WM.

Comment

Working...
                      X