• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cake turned out quite nice

The recipe (Banana & Walnut Cake. - BBC Good Food) describes it as "not too sweet" which is true; next time, I'll add some more sugar

And TBH it probably could have done with another banana in there too; I don't think it would have done any harm. My Sainsbury's chopped walnuts weren't very finely chopped either, so maybe giving them a quick blitz so they were spread out more and more granular would have helped too.

But it's nice and moist, as promised, and tasty enough. I shall make it again at some point with the above tweaks applied

Comment

Back to the fray in Bron/Broen tonight with S2E8

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I thought they were in Liverpool doing good works....
        Good works is kicking children. And cats.

If I have to go to Liverpool so be it....

Comment

Hail mighty drivellites!

Comment

Morning.

Well, there is supposed to be day light.

The hole on the road is now a "deep excavation". Googling the company the vans have on them it is gas main work. Haven't seen any signs saying no smoking.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Cold. 15.3 deg in here.

1021 mBar, 30.15 inHg, 55% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

It's not sunny yet, most because the sun hasn't risen over the mountain.

I'm sure in some flat place it'd be sunny already.

That mouthy self assured **** who's on R4 from Monday to Friday is spouting his crap again.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              The hole on the road is now a "deep excavation". Googling the company the vans have on them it is gas main work. Haven't seen any signs saying no smoking.
              <Boom!>

At some stage "they" are going to have to replace the gas main in our road.

They did the bit on the hill a couple of years ago which caused chaos.

For this bit, the entire road will need to close with no rat run to avoid the blockage, so that'll please the people on the new estate no end.

The dot and dab "plasterers" are busily fixing their drywall over the 1930s black mortar plaster next door.

As an option on picking black mortar out of every orifice for the next 18 months, it sounds sensible to me.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the overwhelming grey.

Cold.

Parky.

Sunless.

Meh.

<hiatus>

Lunch: Ginsters Vegan Moroccan pasty (not nuked to death), poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast (non crust), bramble jelly sandwich on said crust, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Oh, and the sun's out at last.

<hiatus>

After much searching 4 x M10 x 3 bolts found, which are too short and I need 3 x M10 x 4 bolts that I can't get from what's open around here.

I can feel a countersink the bolt heads coming on.

A search of the accumulated stuff in the sheds and garage and salting house has failed to locate anything more appropriate.

Now watching "Sewermen" S1 E5&6 on Paramount.

Found the brush & comb for the ex cat.

Very useful.

Tea: the last of the roast beef, with carrots & onions, by 'eck that white pepper is peppery , 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea, rather more biscuits than are good, and a mr kiplings iced mince pie.

Entertainment:

London Bridge on 5, with BBC News at the same time to admire the chaos in Washington.

Now: "The Toe Bro" on Really: if Dr Pimplepopper was gross, this one needs watching through your fingers.

I've now seen (and can't unseen) 3 ingrowing toenails removed.

Gentle it ain't.

Next: "Cornwall & Devon Walks". I wonder if the Lizard will feature.

^^^ Less than gripping.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 January 2021, 21:54.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Comment

Morning all

I had a lie in to 0930 as I was tired. It hasn't really helped much.

Overcast and damp out. Currently 4 degrees will get up to 5 later. Some showers expected this morning and then it's supposed to clear up and become sunny. Barometer steady at 1019 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  Pan American Airlines becomes the first commercial airline to offer a 'round-the-world' ticket 1947

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out and there seems to have been a shower or something, which wasn't in the forecast

Currently 2°C and getting no better than 3° apparently. Barometer 1012/1019mB. Apparently the adjustment factor for height above sea level isn't constant, but I haven't worked out what the process is yet. Might have a look on Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I had a lie in to 0930 as I was tired. It hasn't really helped much.
                      I too had (another) lie in, which I think has helped in my case

Though in reality it's probably just my liver gradually recovering from all the overtime it had to do during the festive period

Comment

Working...
                      X