• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Currently trying not to lose my rag with the people on the @NHSCOVID19app Twitter account, as it's not their fault if all they have is a set of completely irrelevant canned responses and no knowledge of the underlying technologies

If no joy from them despite my attempts to explain the situation in simple terms, I might go so far as to contact a tech journalist to get a bit of a fuss kicked up. It's not as if the app developers are going away for Christmas…
    Though as it's been out for nearly a week, maybe us old iPhone users just aren't sufficiently newsworthy

Comment

Though as it's been out for nearly a week, maybe us old iPhone users just aren't sufficiently newsworthy
      Ah yes, apparently people with older phones can't get about much so aren't really a priority: Coronavirus: Contact-tracing apps can now work on older iPhones - BBC News

Comment

Ah yes, apparently people with older phones can't get about much so aren't really a priority: Coronavirus: Contact-tracing apps can now work on older iPhones - BBC News
        I wouldn't be hugely surprised if all they have to do is change the "target iOS version" dropdown on the Project Configuration page in Xcode from "13.5" to "12.5" and recompile. It's not as if it's using cutting edge Augmented Reality APIs; it's just a few screens with text on and one for scanning QR codes

Comment

I wouldn't be hugely surprised if all they have to do is change the "target iOS version" dropdown on the Project Configuration page in Xcode from "13.5" to "12.5" and recompile. It's not as if it's using cutting edge Augmented Reality APIs; it's just a few screens with text on and one for scanning QR codes
          As the source is on GitHub, I might download it and see what needs to be done to get it working on 12.5…

Comment

As the source is on GitHub, I might download it and see what needs to be done to get it working on 12.5…

A fine tale to take us to the century, sir.

Would you please add a cap doffing emoji to the new forum?

Last edited by ladymuck; 23 December 2020, 14:55.

Comment

Wonder if it will work on my HTC android, also launched in 2014. Various other things don't work on it, like that car parking app.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Oh, a towel wash was done by the way

Comment

Get asked to check if someone is available today (i.e. showing online) by a new team member who doesn't have access to ClientCo yet.

I say, they were last active 4 hours ago and they're back in on Tuesday.

They say, are they in tomorrow?

Comment

Sainsbury's delivery arrived

Ten minutes earlier than the start of the predestined hour too, though I would have expected them to be running late at this time of year if anything

Looking at the fullness of the fridge, and of the ledge where I store beer and wine, and of the bread bin in which I keep biscuits and things like mince pies, and of the shelf in the cupboard where I stash crisps and nuts, I'm not sure I can fit in anything else even if I get the all clear and can go shopping in person

Speaking of which: still no test results

Comment

Just read a news story saying including the sentence "The coronavirus has been mutating to find a better way to infect humans." NO IT HASN'T, ENOUGH WITH THE TELEOLOGY! That's like saying grand pianos have been attracted by the force of gravity so as to find a better way to land on people's heads

Comment

Working...
                      X