• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Had my Mum on the phone earlier. She's ordered a beef tenderloin joint to be delivered to me from this Scottish butcher she uses, arriving shortly before Christmas

And as it wasn't yet at the price to qualify for free delivery, she then added a bunch of other stuff until it was: sausage rolls, sirloin steaks, and she couldn't remember what else
    Some confusion over whether this is arriving tomorrow, which is what they said on the phone when she ordered it, or on Monday, which is what my father reckons from an email they sent. I would assume the email is accurate, but on the other hand I know the parents had a delivery from them on a Monday recently, and it's very possible he's looked at the wrong email

So I'll have to be up reasonably early tomorrow just in case

And for reasons I don't understand, she's also sent me some kind of fruit basket, arriving Monday

I keep telling her I don't eat that much fruit, yet every Christmas she gives me loads of fruit. Half of it or more just ends up going off and being chucked out

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Cross border travel with Scotland is forbidden.

Sturgeon is speaking.
      I am sure LM will follow the rules. Until her freezer gets empty.

Comment

Suddenly got mega windy here

Raining too
        Did Zeity send you some lentil soup?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Was it the first one he tried or the 10th - after a few tests I suspect any recipe may be good
          Century

Comment

Some confusion over whether this is arriving tomorrow, which is what they said on the phone when she ordered it, or on Monday, which is what my father reckons from an email they sent. I would assume the email is accurate, but on the other hand I know the parents had a delivery from them on a Monday recently, and it's very possible he's looked at the wrong email

So I'll have to be up reasonably early tomorrow just in case

And for reasons I don't understand, she's also sent me some kind of fruit basket, arriving Monday

I keep telling her I don't eat that much fruit, yet every Christmas she gives me loads of fruit. Half of it or more just ends up going off and being chucked out
            You should make jam or fruit stews or crumbles. Easy to freeze once cooked. Sometimes fresh fruit just feels like hard work but cook it up a bit and it seems less onerous.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Cross border travel with Scotland is forbidden.

Sturgeon is speaking.
              Yeah. We're seeing what details come out over the next couple of days and what BA do to the flight schedules.

Comment

Walk walked, but I cut it short as it's not very nice out there, so the green ring is not closed. I'll see what credit I get from going to the Chinese later; that might wrap it up

Nice banana moon to the south though

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  You should make jam or fruit stews or crumbles. Easy to freeze once cooked. Sometimes fresh fruit just feels like hard work but cook it up a bit and it seems less onerous.
                  Yes, once I see what's in it I'll start hunting recipes. Maybe I'll end up making that banana bread everybody was going on about earlier in the year!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    But don't freeze an entire 2 litre container of cooked apple.

It's a pain in the arse to deal with later.

A chisel and a mallet is just about the only way to avoid defrosting the lot.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

stovies consumed, and very nice too.
                      as is the Rioja.
                      now what to watch?
                      mando2.8, expanse 5.2, dune 2 or vera?
                      decisions, decisions.

Comment

Working...
                      X