• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    4 years ago today

Ah, the tasting menu!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Just read an interesting link on Facebook that I have forwarded on to Mr F, the keeper of Monday Links.
      Good one, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        MrsEek finally making you join the BP club?
        Nope plan B stuff where a technicality has appeared.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tonight's viewing has been The Valhalla Murders S1E5 In Plain Sight (TV Episode 2020) and S1E6 Hidden Place (TV Episode 2020). The plot thickens, though that is rather the point of these things

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dry, dull and overcast this morning. It's 7 degrees at the moment and high is expected to be 8. Rain expected overnight but it should stay dry daytime. Barometer down to 1001 mBar.

First coffee nearly finished.

Very tired this morning

Comment

Morning

Grey, grey.

Currently 6 degrees with a high of 8.

Shopping delivered at a reasonable time this morning.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Second coffee made.

Didn't really enjoy the first one so I probably won't have any more after this.

First meeting in 5 minutes.

Comment

Morning.

Dry (as in not currently raining).

Damp.

Dreary.

Yellow grey sky.

Sunless.

Warmer in here at 15.8 deg.

997 mBar and 61% RH.

Thursday.

Irritating phone call at 07:55 from a 001 number.

I didn't bother answering it.

Followed by another call at 08:40 from another 001 number.

Both spoofed presumably.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Clouds now the usual grey rather than yellow.

Nice chat with her next door but one. OO.

<hiatus>

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, red corner yog, Tesco lattice top mince pie, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

This afternoon's task, should I undertake it, involves moving stuff in the tin shed back whence it came so I can move other stuff thence to fix another bit of floor currently not reachable.

<hiatus>

Stuff moved about in shed, revealing large hole in the wall behind the pcb etch machine.

I knew there was a hole but I didn't appreciate the size of it.

The earth had built up against the wall outside, so now there's a trench there instead which will end up filled with concrete in a while along with a "new" bit of tin sheet to fill the hole a bit more successfully than what's there currently.

Turned out the etch machine was sat on concrete already so that bit's ok.

Then, since it started drizzling and the mud was sticking to my shoes, it was time to burn 70 years of payslips and bank statements, along with assorted birthday cards, some of which are 60+ years old.

Just put the work clothes in the WM to remove some of the pong of smoke etc.

Once the WM finishes it'll be time for the TD to do its thing & for me to take a shower to remove the pong of smoke from me.

<hiatus>

Work clothes in the WM.

Me: showered.

Hair: hacked some off.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, stewed apple and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Andrew Marr's New Elizabethans at 21:00 on BBC2.

I suppose I'll find sommat else to watch if I try hard, like.

<hiatus>

The last 20 minutes or so of "The City on the edge of Forever" with Joan Collins and the Wig Wearing War Criminal.

A thing on Sky Arts about the Director Akira Kurosawa.

Meanwhile the TD has beeped and the work clothes are airing.

Andrew Marr did his thing, vaguely inneresting, especially seeing dear old Enoch and Tony Benn pontificating about the EEC (as it was then).

Now watching "Hoarder: Mega Hoarder & Horror Homes": the shade of Mr Trebus would be proud of this lot.

One of them had rubbish 7 feet deep in every room.

And one of them didn't make it to see it broadcast, having died, presumably of cancer, in 2019, particularly disturbing as she was the same age as me.

Might start sending Wireless World, Practical Electronics, etc. mags to recycling.

Though I have managed to cart loads of crap down to the dump in my time.

Currently there's a rather fearsome appearing Black lady* doing a clearance.

*She's got a hell of a sense of humour.

"Arthur" is not cooperating and she is losing her cool.

Smoking like a chimney whilst surrounded by piles of flammable paper seems a bit dicey to me.

Now "Richard" who's collected newspapers & mags since 1976.

Feck me.

He'll be found crushed to death by a falling pile of paper.

Used to take him 20 minutes to get to the front door if someone rang the bell.

"Richard" is famous, he's been on before.

Now for the real nutjobs.

One who is a recycling hoarder.

Mr Trebus would be very proud.

House has to be cleared or she gets evicted.

Oooo, one of the cleaners is using a Dutch hoe.

Jake Mangleworzle? Really?

Another rubbish collector, this one collects his urine as well.

This one managed to burn his house down.

Twice.

Killed his dog in one.

The quantity of deceased mice and rats is quite striking.

Don't try this at home:

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 December 2020, 23:11.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Another day in The Orifice.

...reelin' in the years
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X