• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I have three people trying to organise transport to collect my sofa!
    Is it three unconnected people, winner take all? Looking forward to going on YouTube and seeing them battle it out, dragging it back and forth between three different vans outside your flat, until one of them loses their rag completely and chops it into three bits with a chainsaw

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Is it three unconnected people, winner take all? Looking forward to going on YouTube and seeing them battle it out, dragging it back and forth between three different vans outside your flat, until one of them loses their rag completely and chops it into three bits with a chainsaw
      That would be hilarious! Considering people get free with the horn bibbing if they're held up for more than 30 seconds, a punch up over a sofa in the middle of the street is likely to send people apoplectic!
      Last edited by ladymuck; 8 December 2020, 14:56.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Yep time to switch...
        Can't switch until I have my "new" account details from Scottish Power.

As soon as I get them I can switch. (Since I switch every year it's no hardship.)
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Spanners of the requisite size were delivered to the Amazon Locker an hour ago, so the Toyota's battery has now been replaced

Turns out all the YouTube videos wittering on about a 10mm nut here and a 13mm one there were utter nonsense, a 10mm being all that was required, at least on mine; and a couple of them were in a position where it was easier to do them with the socket set. But it's a decent set of spanners, and I'm not sure where the decent set of spanners I bought years ago is (possibly in the boot of the car, now I come to think of it) so they were a bargain at about eight quid

When I opened the car, using the key in the keyhole like an animal as the central locking had died, it made a very faint whining noise from the centre console, which I assume was the security system complaining that it wasn't happy but didn't have the energy to do anything about it. So I got the little booster battery pack and connected that across the battery, and the indicators started flashing until I unlocked it properly with the button on the key, though at least the siren thing didn't go off.

I had the idea of keeping the booster connected to the terminals when I disconnected the old battery, to keep a modicum of power flowing to it; but they ended up falling off as I wrestled the new battery into place. Anyway, it still started OK and went forwards a bit and backwards again, and the lights worked, so although I haven't been out in it yet, I'm assuming all's well

Comment

Turns out my local GP has over-ordered flu jabs (or all the old farts are unable/unwilling to have them), so I've been offered one.

And shortly thereafter, I received information about the Covid trial I'm doing, which means I'm being sent stuff to take due to the low readings in my blood.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Turns out my local GP has over-ordered flu jabs (or all the old farts are unable/unwilling to have them), so I've been offered one.

And shortly thereafter, I received information about the Covid trial I'm doing, which means I'm being sent stuff to take due to the low readings in my blood.

I'm listening to an old guy on the radio with an interesting accent who got the Covid vaccine today.

All the old people who got the vaccine today remember children around them being seriously ill, being disabled and dying from things like polio and measles.

Comment

The accent is Indian-Geordie.

Edited to say: I wonder if I could get a London-Geordie accent though I suspect it would sound like complete tulip due to both accents being from the UK.
                Last edited by SueEllen; 8 December 2020, 16:15.

Comment

Today's stupid question.

What price can you give me if I buy 2 cards - give price.

Later - I have higher offers on the cards but I'll give you 30 minutes before I accept those offers.

29 minutes later can I have them for £200 less than the price you offered?

And this was attached to a warning that the wholesale price of the cards has gone up £100 in the past week - so yes I may sound like CMOT Dibbler but reality is once these cards are gone I'm closing up shop.

It's paid for a very nice Caribbean Holiday though so not bad for very little work and a bit of coding.
                  Last edited by eek; 8 December 2020, 16:22.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Can't switch until I have my "new" account details from Scottish Power.

As soon as I get them I can switch. (Since I switch every year it's no hardship.)
                    Take readings though - when I was switched after my supplier went belly up the money was transferred over but meter readings were "lost".
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Take readings though - when I was switched after my supplier went belly up the money was transferred over but meter readings were "lost".
                      Do KUATB

Comment

Working...
                      X