• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Sunny out, with a few thin and wispy bits of cloud here and there. Not that warm at 6°C, but it's better than it has been

Comment

Just remembered that I needed to do some laundry. So that's now in the WM. A selection of smalls, tops and leggings.

Reserved some flights in the SWISS companion sale for HWMBO and I to go to Singapore in September. A mere £1,886 each return in first class. Well worth a speculative punt.

Comment

Afternoon - well it's not dark yet.

Sorted out a Christmas tree from a small shop down the road as it's small business Saturday.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
          Reith Lectures started this morning.

When I worked at the BoE, he came around to visit each floor and his opening statement was "Please call me Mark".

BBC Radio 4 - The Reith Lectures, 2020: Mark Carney - How We Get What We Value, From Moral to Market Sentiments

Very well presented so far, starting with Economics 101.
          Finally listening to this.

Update: Interesting audience and their questions...

Looking forward to the rest of the series over the coming weeks.
          Last edited by ladymuck; 5 December 2020, 16:38.

Comment

Late lunch snack had of left over roast chicken in a wholemeal pitta liberally doused with mayo.

Nice and simple, very satisfying.

Comment

Lunch was at a cafe in Ripon on the way back from collecting twin 2 from Leeds.

She has after 5 hours finally stopped talking.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Felt a tad peckish but it's too early for the Chinese, so I just had a couple of rounds of buttered wholemeal toast

Comment

Lamb chops and boerewors on the braai. Hasselback potatoes, roasted beetroot and steamed greens.

Rioja has been good, too.

I've got to face Strictly with Mrs Scruff.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Watching Strictly.

I'm biased. I currently want a particular older person to win.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Watching Strictly.

I'm biased. I currently want a particular older person to win.
                      I will be watching that on catch up so I can FF through most of the waffle.

I too would like a particular older person to win. I wonder if we are rooting for the same one?

Comment

Working...
                      X